Talk

Advanced search

Children's party's

(9 Posts)
TheChildrensPresenter Thu 08-Feb-18 00:03:56

To think that if you hire a professional to entertain children at a party - you should try to control the children instead of dumping them all on the poor Presenter / Entertainer who is supposed to be fun not disciplining strange kids?

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 00:06:23

What kinda entertainer? Facepainter:YANBU, magician/dj etc: YABU, the whole point of paying them is that they can "work the room"

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 00:07:05

Or should be able to....

TheChildrensPresenter Thu 08-Feb-18 00:11:46

Ok, this is not the actual example but something similar - how about a science party where the entertainer is showing tricks and the kids are supposed to watch and get involved at various times.

Surely after paying for it, the parents would want the kids to watch and enjoy so would want to manage their behaviour?

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 00:14:56

Well what's the point of asking if you won't give the actual example?

But I have been to science parties, the "scientists" knew how to keep the children interested and had enough helpers for the number of children, it was well enough planned that it ran smoothly , parents were actually encouraged to BACK OFF and let the kids get on with it so.....

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 00:17:04

how about a science party where the entertainer is showing tricks and the kids are supposed to watch and get involved at various times.

If the "watch" times are too long in relation to the "get involved" time then fingers and minds will wander. Plan better.

TheChildrensPresenter Thu 08-Feb-18 00:33:26

I'm not the entertainer nor the parent - I am a parent of a child who was attending and they have been to 3 of these particular parties now.

At 2 of them the kids were running wild whilst the poor entertainer was setting up their stuff. It seemed the parent expected the entertainer to be managing the children whilst getting ready and when packing up! And expected help with getting kids seated for food and the cake etc which they weren't paid for.

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 00:37:48

Why can't the kids run around when the entertainer is setting up? The "show" or whatever hasn't started yet so there's nothing to sit nicely for yet!
Experienced entertainers will close off their set up area with chairs etc if it's dangerous fragile, but what on earth is wrong with kids playing amongst themselves while they wait?

TheChildrensPresenter Thu 08-Feb-18 07:41:24

I'm not talking about playing amongst themselves - I'm talking about touching the entertainers stuff.
I'm talking about kids who are naughty, screaming, running, even hitting during the entertainment should be up to the parents to manage - not the entertainers job to chastise children they barely know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: