Talk

Advanced search

Inside out laundry *tongue in cheek

(53 Posts)
Iluvthe80s Wed 07-Feb-18 19:41:55

No one in our house (DH, DS and DD) apart from me appear to be capable of taking their clothes off and putting them to wash so they are not inside out.
Meaning I then have to do it as I do all the laundry. If I have to turn one more t shirt outside in I will lose my shit. Aibu to be pissed off that it's just one more thing to do in the already massive list of tedious shit I do every day ? Is it too much to ask??

frieda909 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:42:45

I wash everything inside out blush

RedLemonade Wed 07-Feb-18 19:44:18

I correct it for me DDs because they’re little, but I just go ahead and fold DH’s stuff inside out if that’s how it emerges from the dryer because it’s a good bloody day I’m doing his laundry!

TroysMammy Wed 07-Feb-18 19:44:48

If they are inside out wash them, dry them and iron them just as you found them, ie inside out. Let them be inconvenienced not you.

Rewn7 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:44:49

I wash them as I find them.

It’s turning wet stuff outside-in that really chaps my ass! angry

Abracadabraapileofbollocks Wed 07-Feb-18 19:45:40

I wash things inside out unless there is a stain to tackle.

Abracadabraapileofbollocks Wed 07-Feb-18 19:46:09

I only turn it the right way when it's dry smile

Crispbutty Wed 07-Feb-18 19:46:27

I fold it as it comes out of the dryer. If it's the wrong way round I turn it when I put it on.

dizzy174 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:47:17

i too wash everything inside out

Ljlsmum Wed 07-Feb-18 19:47:34

My dh does this with socks or usually just one sock. I actually do turn dark clothes or t-shirts with motifs on inside out but the socks annoys me.

emwithme Wed 07-Feb-18 19:47:42

I have a t shirt that turns itself the right way round during the wash. It has writing on it so gets turned inside out to wash, then gets turned inside out to tumble dry, then is already the right way round for folding when dry.

ShotsFired Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:00

I was whatever is in the laundry bin, in whatever inside-outness it is in.

Fucked if I am going to be someone's valet.

iamyourequal Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:01

Yabu. Many items of clothing should be washed inside out (check care label on your jeans for example) and ironed that way too so they don't suffer 'shine'.

SuperMam123 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:38

I too wash things inside out unless there is a stain! They get dried inside out too then turned the right way to iron sleeves otherwise the get indentations running down instead of a neat line! Honestly not fussy lol

AutumnGlitterBall Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:59

I wash tshirts inside out to stop the images rubbing off other clothes and fading, and jeans for the same reason. Also, stops bird shit staining the outside if they’re crapped on whilst on the line.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Wed 07-Feb-18 19:49:48

YANBU. Leave it the way it is and the wearer can turn it right way out to wear.

PoptartPoptart Wed 07-Feb-18 19:50:23

I refuse to wash anything that is inside out now as a matter of principal.
I’ve asked DH & DS (12) a million times to make sure clothes are turned the right way before being put in the laundry basket. It takes seconds. Do they do it? Nope, because they are lazy and can’t be bothered. Therefore I have decided that I can’t be bothered to wash their things anymore!
They soon have a change of heart when they realise they are running low of pants/socks/t shirts etc.

Iluvthe80s Wed 07-Feb-18 19:50:58

Interesting. I've clearly been washing stuff wrong all these years. Jeans fine but t shirts always done them so they are not inside out

Iluvthe80s Wed 07-Feb-18 19:51:31

Poptart like your style

dementedpixie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:52:52

I turn mine inside out for washing especially jeans and t-shirts with motifs

LordEmsworth Wed 07-Feb-18 19:54:13

Out of interest, if they get washed inside out, what happens? Does it unleash some sort of ancient curse?

I wash everything inside out so I have a personal interest. I never knew it was so terrible. You learn something new every day...

Iluvthe80s Wed 07-Feb-18 19:55:43

Lordemsworth it seems you are the majority for me it's more the faff of turning them the right way round when they've been dried just one more thing to do

ChippyMinton Wed 07-Feb-18 19:58:57

Get everyone over the age of 12 to do their own laundry. It’s not rocket science, it’s effortless.
And - top tip - send them to cadets and they will learn to iron too.

YearOfYouRemember Wed 07-Feb-18 19:59:23

My dh and DSs always put trousers with one leg inside out, the other not. Tops, one sleeve inside out, the other not. Socks mainly inside all but not fully so as a ball. I've told them a million times. Normal clothes I just wash, dry and fold like that but can't do that with shirts and school trousers as they need ironing.

WellThatsATurnipForTheBooks Wed 07-Feb-18 19:59:50

I wash things the way they are put into the wash basket. If DP or the DC can't be arsed to turn things the right way then neither can I.

That includes washing things that are half inside-out (so a pair of jeans that has one leg inside out, one leg normal) and giving it back to the person like that after washing and drying. Petty? Maybe but I'm hoping they'll get the message one day !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now