Talk

Advanced search

To divorce DH?!

(32 Posts)
AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:26:05

Disclaimer - I'm 10 weeks pregnant.

DH is on a business trip abroad. We have had eleventy million conversations about him communicating better. It's day three and i had a message saying he landed and a message saying good morning. Is it too much to ask that he replies - even briefly - to a WhatsApp? Even just a 'hope you are snuggling up with a Friends' or something?! He has read my messages. It's not a jam packed trip. I don't even know his flight details. I know it's not that bad and many are worse but he very rarely stays away and I'm feeling hormonal and a bit vulnerable.
Doesn't help that our house is bloody freezing cos he wanted a Victorian job that is barely warmer than outside.

Grrrrrr.

Sorry. As you were.

YearOfYouRemember Wed 07-Feb-18 19:29:30

Send him a message asking him if he is too busy buying you lots of presents and treats to answer your messages. Tomorrow go shopping for a blanket and snuggly jumper.

Pleasebeafleabite Wed 07-Feb-18 19:29:43

It would certainly be nice that he kept in touch esp given you are pregnant and all

YANBU

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:34:28

Thanks both. Was worried I was being OTT.

FatBottomedGal Wed 07-Feb-18 19:36:38

Nope that would piss me off. I’d probably send a sarky comment about him clearly being too busy to speak to you and wait for apologies to fly in but I suppose that doesn’t really fix the issue if you’ve discussed it with him loads before. What has he given as his reasons for not contacting you in the past?

dingdongdigeridoo Wed 07-Feb-18 19:38:55

Some people are just crap at communicating by text. I can send my DH half a dozen messages and get 'OK' back. Doesn't mean he's not interested or thinking about me. It's just not the best medium.

Although you think you know his schedule, something unexpected might have come up, or he might be a bit overwhelmed by work at the moment.

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:39:00

He has an obsession with phone use being rude. It makes him wonderfully polite company but bloody useless sometimes.

Lovelylovelyladies Wed 07-Feb-18 19:44:43

I bloody hate texting, especially when it's about nothing. What's wrong with ringing each other every couple of days?

DH doesn't even own a mobile so I certainly couldn't complain that he didn't text to say something mundane!

Technology is hard to live with. It's a constant barrage of communication that sometimes isn't needed.

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:46:54

I guess I hoped that contacting each other wouldn't be akin to a 'constant barrage'. He is long distance and i work long hours so phoning each other prob wouldn't work.

GreatDuckCookery Wed 07-Feb-18 19:50:54

I think a quick phone call or message in the evening is the least he could do.

When's he back? Make the most of the big bed wink

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:52:52

greatduck that was my plan until the bloody cat realised his space was free. Not that she sleeps in it, she sleeps in my arms and if I dare roll over she wakes me up to go back to where I was.

Sunshinegirl82 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:53:07

This would really annoy me.

Can you agree that he will text you twice a day, once in the morning and once at bedtime just to check in? I would want at least that to be honest.

Buy yourself a heated throw for the sofa and an electric blanket for the bed!

GreatDuckCookery Wed 07-Feb-18 19:53:38

Something to cuddle I guess grin

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:57:01

sunshinegirl that is a good idea, thanks. I'll talk to him about it when we get back.

I know I am partially to blame. So many times I have had to wait around because he was supposed to let me know what was going on and he doesn't. I should get better at doing my own thing. But I worry. And I just don't understand why he can't fucking learn. He is at a work party tonight, it's not as if he is head of MI5.

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 19:58:43

*when he gets back, not we.

GammaDelta Wed 07-Feb-18 21:11:45

My hubby is the same very less communication but he is the best guy in the world.
Don't know if it is worth a divorce though i think thats a bit unreasonable but u r expecting n would like more care/ concern than usual ... it's natural.

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 21:16:14

Gamma I was joking about divorce. I would have written 'to kill DH' but I can't joke about that. He is wonderful but this drives me up the wall.

Skarossinkplunger Wed 07-Feb-18 21:26:51

I think you’re being a bit needy.

Lovelylovelyladies Wed 07-Feb-18 21:31:58

I think so too Skarossinkplunger

fruitlovingmonkey Wed 07-Feb-18 21:33:03

Yabu to still watch Friends.

TicketyBoo83 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:42:03

Send him this

Iseesheep Wed 07-Feb-18 21:44:48

I only start getting twitchy after 2 weeks plus of no contact so I think you're being a bit unreasonable. I'm well aware that I'm not the norm though!

midnightmisssuki Wed 07-Feb-18 21:48:22

YABU. i would get annoyed at this myself but then again i dont really like texting. Maybe he's the same?

timeisnotaline Wed 07-Feb-18 21:58:27

Send that image grin- or text him: Send me a text. In the next 4 hours. Minimum 15 words and make it say something nice. Repeat every day you are away , or you will come home to your hormonal pregnant wife having put itching powder in your underpants and cut up your record collection and I won’t put you on the birth certificate. We talked about this you bloody awful communicator!!!

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 07-Feb-18 22:21:05

2 weeks?! Blimey! But then I fully understand that people are different
Maybe I am being a bit needy, but it's freezing cold, I feel sick 24/7, I fell down the stairs yesterday and I had to work a 14 hr day yesterday. He is not a texter at all. But I don't understand why he doesn't want to keep in touch and given I'm having our baby I don't understand why he just bloody well do it even if he doesn't want to!

Love the pic as well as the itching powder suggestions!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: