Talk

Advanced search

AIBU that this is a silly amount to leave?

(38 Posts)
MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 19:17:03

DH served me up some ice cream yesterday. The portion was a little stingy but I assumed it was the end of the pot so a little over one scoop would do.

Today he said there was a little left if I wanted to finish it off. I went to investigate... it’s less than half a scoop! This is a Ben & Jerry’s 500ml tub for proportions size.

I ate it with a teaspoon so it lasted longer... it still felt like a tease.

IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:19:14

Made me laugh. My DS will put the milk carton back in the fridge with a dribble in it. Not even enough for a Cuppa.

DryHeave Wed 07-Feb-18 19:20:34

My husband does this. Leaves a tiny bit of whatever in the original container. Leaves a tiny bit in whatever pan he’s cooked in. Leaves a tiny bit in whatever he’s strained it through. Leaves a tiny bit on his plate.

All the tiny bits add up and the scraping all the tiny bits off DOES MY HEAD IN.

Ahem.

MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 19:22:18

DryHeave OMG he would do my nut

MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 19:23:18

IsItSummerYet2018 DH would sometimes do that. Left to his own devices he wouldn’t have a new one to open either.

Namechangeuser Wed 07-Feb-18 19:24:03

Yanbu...I'd be livid

throwawayagain Wed 07-Feb-18 19:31:24

My DSS puts away empty packaging. This is v helpful, as I never know when things need to be repurchased.
I have started a game, whereby nothing is replaced until I am informed that it has gone. We ran out of salt for 3 weeks, and I ignored it. I don't overuse it!
This week he said to me 'please can you buy salt?'
I said that the container was still in the cupboard.
It finally made its way to the recycling.
Deep joy! grin

MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 19:41:48

grin

That’s a whole other level of annoying

Tink2007 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:44:26

I am more impressed at the fact you put Ben & Jerry’s into a bowl and don’t eat it straight from the tub 😂

MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:54

I’m funny about double dipping etc. Obviously this measly morsel was not at risk of not being finished so no bowl required (I’m not wasting dishwasher space for that!).

There was a time when DH and I would split a 500ml tub but we seem to be more “sensible” these days.

Tobebythesea Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:55

It’s laziness surely? My DH does this with milk and toilet paper. Leaves a tiny amount so technically there’s some left so he doesn’t have to go and clean or recycle the packaging.

Rejoiner Wed 07-Feb-18 19:49:05

throwawayagain my DC do this especially with cereal, crisps and biscuits, so I don't replace them.

Although what really pisses me off is the person that puts a dribble of milk back in the fridge so they don't have to wash and recycle the container or leaves 1 sheet of loo roll in the toilet. COLLEAGUES I am pointing the finger at YOU

My DH would refuse to scoop ice cream for me, he would say if you need it that much the least you can do is walk to the kitchen and get it yourself. I am on a diet and my willpower is shocking!

MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 19:49:34

Ugh toilet paper! Leaving that last bit that’s stuck to the roll. Wanker.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Wed 07-Feb-18 19:51:45

Yes I have a feeling that when the girls are having the female reproductive system talk the boys are having an entirely different talk. 'Ideally leave a tiny bit in there so you haven't technically finished it and therefore do not need to put it in the bin', 'this particularly applies to loo roll as the last 4 sheets will make your penis drop off so just leave them and the roll there and start a new one.' 'Lights can only be turned on, not off.' 'If you have a bottle which looks like a plastic bottle, feels like a plastic bottle, ask someone whether it can be recycled then just put it in the normal bin anyway.' The list is endless...

LolitaLempicka Wed 07-Feb-18 19:58:01

Your DH is a tosser, mine sometimes does things like that. He too, is a tosser

stardust18 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:00:25

Maybe it's a male thing my husband does it too

Tink2007 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:04:14

I really do not know what your OH was thinking, OP but it has made me chuckle tonight 😂

Oysterbabe Wed 07-Feb-18 20:06:05

My husband has never finished the last of something in his life. Our fridge is full of condiments with half a teaspoon left. There will always be a single biscuit left in the packet. 1mm of squash left in the bottle. It's SO annoying.

ThePinkOcelot Wed 07-Feb-18 20:06:44

Lol!

littlepeas Wed 07-Feb-18 20:08:06

My dad was like this! There would always be random half slices of bread in the bread bag, as he'd cut a slice in half, eat half and put half back! That was tricky to word - I hope it makes sense! Plus other random very small amounts of things dotted about the fridge/cupboards.

YearOfYouRemember Wed 07-Feb-18 20:12:38

I'm 100% certain that the male of the species leave a dribble, etc so they don't have to bin/recycle the container nor write it on the shopping list.

MiddleClassProblem Wed 07-Feb-18 20:13:34

On so it turns out I might be being unreasonable. I asked DH why he had left such a tiny scrap of ice cream. He said that he left it in mind for himself to have so he could just have a taste. He’s over weight and didn’t more than that for his own health. The ice cream is left over from his birthday (almost a month ago) and I picked it because it was his favourite flavours.

He said I could have it because he thought I need a pick me up... blush

MCP skulks to the corner shame faced...This time

BitOutOfPractice Wed 07-Feb-18 20:15:35

Damn it, I hate it when they pop your bubble of righteous fury like that.

GabsAlot Wed 07-Feb-18 20:15:47

ffs what a dick

really wants my ben and jerrys now

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 07-Feb-18 20:15:48

Oh well played DH. Well played.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: