Talk

Advanced search

To think this man deserves a prison sentence. *MNHQ says: OP contains frank description of violence against an animal*

(17 Posts)
PoptartPoptart Wed 07-Feb-18 17:05:17

I’m sorry I don’t know how to link but there is a news article on The Independant online about a 63 year old man beating a bulldog with a plank of wood, a shovel and a mop.
A neighbour filmed the incident from an upstairs window. The dog is cowering and trying to get away from the man. It’s horrendous.
Following an RSPCA investigation the man pleaded guilty and was ordered to pay a fine and has been banned from keeping animals.
AIBU to think this isn’t enough? The video is chilling, that poor poor dog.
He should be locked up.

Myddognearlyatethedeliveryman Wed 07-Feb-18 17:09:02

I volunteer to be the hooded vigilante with a shovel. Any takers for the wood +mop? Bastard needs a taste of his own medicine.Makes me sick when the powers that be upped available prison lengths for animal cruelty last year. Where is it??!!

PoptartPoptart Wed 07-Feb-18 18:24:18

I’ll volunteer to do the mop. I’ve got a steel framed one that would do the job nicely.
Bastard. See how he bloody well likes it.
Honestly, I felt physically sick watching that video. That poor defenceless animal looked so scared.
If he had done that to a child he would have (quite rightly) got a custodial sentence. Why is it different and seen as less of a crime to do it to an animal?

AmaraSas Wed 07-Feb-18 18:25:53

I have a piece of 4 x 4, i'll hammer some nails in the end

Trashboat Wed 07-Feb-18 18:26:05

A neighbour filmed the incident from an upstairs window

And never shouted at him to stop? Just filmed him? Bizarre.

PoptartPoptart Wed 07-Feb-18 18:32:57

I’m not sure Trash, the article doesn’t say. I presume it was filmed for evidence which was vital to bring a prosecution against him. It was reported to the RSPCA - maybe the police were called aswell.

Lovesagin Wed 07-Feb-18 18:39:59

Yea trash somehow I don't think the neighbour is the one in the wrong here hmm

Can't blame them to not wanting to tussle with someone who could do that to a defenceless animal.

Trashboat Wed 07-Feb-18 18:44:41

I'm not saying the neighbour was 'in the wrong'. I just mean if I was filming for evidence, I would still shout 'pack it the fuck in', instead of just filming it.

MissionItsPossible Wed 07-Feb-18 18:53:21

I'm not saying the neighbour was 'in the wrong'. I just mean if I was filming for evidence, I would still shout 'pack it the fuck in', instead of just filming it.

And with an animal like that (the man, not the dog) then you'll find that shovel being used to smash your windows in and him possibly come to attack you with it.

OP YANBU. I saw the article on the Mirror and opened it in a new tab but when I opened it the video had automatically started playing and it made me sick so I closed it. I assumed he was sentenced to prison though I don't know why with the pathetic sentencing in this country.

NewYearNewMe18 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:53:24

You've go no idea what position the neighbour was in. Stop projecting.

PositivelyPERF Wed 07-Feb-18 18:57:31

If that cunt can do that to a poor dog, I imagine he would have thoof nothing of hurting the person that filmed him, to get the recording.

IntoTheFloodAgain Wed 07-Feb-18 19:00:53

Oh I saw this earlier, my heart broke when I saw the picture of the poor dog.

I really wish someone would give him a taste of his own medicine. I’m so glad the dog wasn’t put down.
There was a similar article in my local paper recently, and that poor dog had to be put down due to the injuries it sustained.

SweetMoon Wed 07-Feb-18 19:04:18

It wasn't even his dog was it? Wasn't he looking after it for a friend? If so the not allowed to keep animals crap dished out is pointless anyway.

PoptartPoptart Wed 07-Feb-18 22:09:15

Exactly SweetMoon.
He deserves a custodial sentence to teach him a lesson.
Nasty bastard.

Argeles Wed 07-Feb-18 22:13:20

He deserves the lethal injection.

Pass me a syringe, I’ll volunteer.

VaguelyAware Wed 07-Feb-18 22:40:19

There are some truly wicked people in the world. I read an article a few days ago about some sick bastard that had raped a woman & left her bleeding to death from her injuries. I can't even describe what he did to her, it was absolutely horrific. Torture barely covers it.

People who excuse animal cruelty on the basis that animals aren't as important as people... some psychopaths start with animals.

Snowydaysarehere Wed 07-Feb-18 22:40:37

Not meaning to derail the thread but heard today a man near where I work rang the emergency service to report his penis was stuck inside a quail he was having sex with. Wtaf is wrong with our society?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now