Talk

Advanced search

Missing him

(144 Posts)
Lilmis Wed 07-Feb-18 16:35:51

Hubby had been australia for a week and still another week to go. Never been apart in 13 years apart from once. The children and I are missing him like crazy. I cried the first 5 days and so hve the children. Is this normal or am I being ott!!

Myddognearlyatethedeliveryman Wed 07-Feb-18 16:38:02

You are very lucky indeed op!! Many dw are glad of the peace!
Your marriage must be a good un!!

Glenscoconut Wed 07-Feb-18 16:38:55

Absolutely fine and normal to miss him! Totally OTT to cry about it for 5 days.

Not too long to go now OP, you will all be together again soon!

Only1scoop Wed 07-Feb-18 16:41:13

. 'I cried the first 5 days and so hve the children'

Totally over the top IMO

How long is he away for??

GreatDuckCookery Wed 07-Feb-18 16:42:13

Crying for 5 days seems extreme OP. Are you ok generally?

Only1scoop Wed 07-Feb-18 16:42:17

I've just read another week....

It does seem really extreme but then I'm used to it and so is dc.

Allthewaves Wed 07-Feb-18 16:42:33

Crying for 5 days, wise up.

PinkHeart5914 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:42:51

Normal to miss him, crying for 5 days confused OTT.

Wishiwasholsk Wed 07-Feb-18 16:44:04

Have some self respect

saoirse31 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:44:18

Completely Ott re crying, and clearly encouraging kids to cry too... How old r you op?

Only1scoop Wed 07-Feb-18 16:45:12

How old are your dc
<visions of you all tribally wailing in sync>

Glenscoconut Wed 07-Feb-18 16:50:19

Only1scoop

I shouldn't laugh really but I can't get that image out of my head.

Totally OTT! Make the most of it, when he comes back you'll be wondering where the time went.

Passmethecakeplease Wed 07-Feb-18 16:53:22

Crying for 5 days seems excessive and id worry that my mood was rubbing off on the kids too making them more miserable than they would be otherwise.

It's ok to miss someone and have a sad moment but he's just in another country, the time difference is, what, 8 hours?! You can still speak to him every day.

Angrybird345 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:53:33

Sorry, crying for five days is OTT and not good for kids.

LolitaLempicka Wed 07-Feb-18 16:53:39

Your children are only crying because you are. You are being very pathetic and worrying your children unnecessarily.

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Wed 07-Feb-18 16:54:30

Don't become a forces wife!

LEMtheoriginal Wed 07-Feb-18 16:55:09

I have been away from dp for 7 days in the 25 we have been together. Two were hospital stays over night. On the 5 days I was away for work I cried each night - hate being away from him even though he drives me nuts hmm

NerrSnerr Wed 07-Feb-18 16:55:30

My husband is often away. It's normal to miss him but I agree with the others that the tears are OTT. I don't think it's a good example to the children to cry for 5 days. You just need to get on with it.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 07-Feb-18 16:56:24

Fucking hell some folk here could do with a kindness pill

Wellfuckmeinbothears Wed 07-Feb-18 16:57:31

Its fine and healthy to miss him, crying for 5 days seems extreme and I worry that perhaps your children are picking up on it and are crying more because you're sad than they're missing him?

My dh and I hate being apart and we talk and message a lot if we ever have to be away from one another.

TwitterQueen1 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:57:36

Crying for 5 days? really? That's not good OP - to be so utterly dependent on someone who's simply away working... And the messages you're giving to your DCs... sad ie, your happiness is totally dependent on someone else. You're showing your DCs that:

- You can't function properly without your DH.
- Even though they haven't done anything wrong at all, they've made you unhappy....
- Nobody should go away again, ever, so they don't make you cry...

Awful life lessons for DCs.

Chapterandverse Wed 07-Feb-18 16:58:30

Spare a thought for those people whose husbands or wifes are no longer with them.

My BIL would give anything to be seeing my sister in 5 days time.

I know that's not the tone or the point of the thread but I've just left my BILs house and it hit a nerve. Please don't all pile on me, I miss her too.

Greensleeves Wed 07-Feb-18 16:58:49

You rotten lot

Of course it's OK to miss him. My dh used to travel a lot for work and I sometimes shed a few tears in the evening because I hated being alone. I have long-term health problems, some of them are MH problems, and I missed him and our relationship terribly. And the kids missed him too - we're a family, we love each other.

But MN will tell you if you're not happy to go and climb Everest completely on your own without so much as a yak for company, you're co-dependent and needy

ClareB83 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:59:28

I just assumed she meant that she cried on each of the first five days. Not the entire time.

If so, I think that's fair enough. You love and miss him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now