Talk

Advanced search

Can anybody help me trace my dog? DURHAM and Surrounding Areas

(52 Posts)
Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:06:33

This obviously doesn't belong here but I need the traffic.5 years ago I was forced to rehome my beloved dog Jess she was 3 yrs old at the time all I know is that she was taken by a man and woman from a coastal area in Durham the man was a lorry driver I believe.I just would like to get in contact with these people so I can get closure.It was my parents who rehomed her for me as I couldn't bear to do it they live in Armthorpe in Doncaster which is where my dog was collected from

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:07:16

👇

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:07:47

👇

Myddognearlyatethedeliveryman Wed 07-Feb-18 14:09:45

Ah op what a lovely ddog!! I am in Durham right now, is there anything I can do to help?

RedDogsBeg Wed 07-Feb-18 14:11:38

What kind of closure are you looking for after 5 years?

No, I don't think it is possible, nor right or advisable, to trace the people who have had the dog longer than you did.

HuskyMcClusky Wed 07-Feb-18 14:12:46

Oh, she’s so beautiful! She has very similar facial markings to my girl; what breed is she?

I really, really hope you find her.

NoFucksImAQueen Wed 07-Feb-18 14:13:31

Red of course it's possible. What do you gain from kicking someone who is down?

HuskyMcClusky Wed 07-Feb-18 14:13:38

No, I don't think it is possible, nor right or advisable, to trace the people who have had the dog longer than you did.

Why? She’s not asking for the dog back.

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:25:55

I do not expect to get the dog back I just want to know how she is. I'm more than aware they've had her longer than me I was hoping someone recognised her. I am unable to join fb groups in that area as I'm assuming they won't add me as live in different part of country

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:26:45

I mean I've tried to be a member but they've ignored my requests

Skarossinkplunger Wed 07-Feb-18 14:27:58

I feel for you, I really do however as someone who has rescue dogs I wouldn’t engage with a previous owner wanting to make contact. I would be too concerned they would try to claim it back.

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:31:54

I honestly don't want to claim her back I wouldn't have any right to she is their dog

sonjadog Wed 07-Feb-18 14:37:50

I can understand the urge to find out about your dog, but I would also leave it. If I heard one of my dog´s ex-owner was trying to trace him after many years, I wouldn't want to have contact with them.

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:38:55

sonjadog I know I totally understand your point but I'd just like to try that's all I can do

HuskyMcClusky Wed 07-Feb-18 14:43:26

Well, I also have a rescue dog and I would be happy to have contact with you and let you know the dog was loved and well. I would know that legally you had no claim on the dog.

sonjadog Wed 07-Feb-18 14:44:20

Have you thought about what you are going to do if you find this dog and she isn´t well looked after, or she is looked after okay but not as well as you would like? You won't be able to do anything about it as she is not your dog.

Yecartmannew Wed 07-Feb-18 14:45:47

My worry is that if in the worst case scenario things have not worked out so well for the dog you would be worse off than you are now with not knowing.

Would you be able to handle awful news? If not then it is probably best for you to stop looking.

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:46:22

I've got no interested in vetting and snooping into the dogs welfare I suppose id just like pictures and some reassuring words

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 07-Feb-18 14:49:48

I'd second concerns that if something has gone wrong - the dog is poorly looked after, or unwell, or has died, or they have sold her on - it might cause you more harm than good to know. It wouldn't really be "closure", in that case.

Otherwise; all you can do is try and find a way to communicate with them and see if they are open to a conversation. They may be; or they may not, it'll depend entirely on them and their personalities. Do you have any additional info on them? A phone number or something from when she was sold? I don't think you'll get hugely far with the info you've got, it's too vague. It's unlikely someone will recognise her specifically, she's beautiful but not that unusual.

RedDogsBeg Wed 07-Feb-18 14:54:28

NoFucks stop being ridiculous I'm not kicking someone who is down, the dog is no longer the OP's dog as he belongs to someone else. As others have pointed out if the purpose is for words of reassurance, etc., and those are not available or forthcoming it will do the OP no favours whatsoever.

Sarah words of reassurance and pictures are snooping into the dog's welfare. I'm sorry you were in the position to have to re-home your dog but your parents chose not to get or keep details of where the dog was re-homed to and I still hold with the belief that is in not right or advisable for you to pursue this.

Floralnomad Wed 07-Feb-18 14:56:20

As someone who was harassed by a previous owner of one of our horses ( not the person who sold the horse to us) I would also not entertain getting involved with a previous owner , whatever their motives appeared at the outset .

Isitwise Wed 07-Feb-18 14:59:01

There is a Facebook page called Seaham have your say, it’s on the East Durham Coast.

It’s worth a try

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 15:20:09

Thanks Isitwise

BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Wed 07-Feb-18 15:44:44

I have a rescue dog and i wouldn't engage with you if you were my ddog previous owner. So you may never get to find out in afraid

HuskyMcClusky Wed 07-Feb-18 15:45:59

Wow. Perhaps I’m naive, but I think everyone on here is being quite mean.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: