Talk

Advanced search

To block out what my poor eyes have just seen?

(37 Posts)
Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:06:58

Light hearted (ish) although this is foul.Just been out walking and saw someone in the distance picking up their dogs poo then put it in bin.As I approached said person was wiping their BARE hand on a patch of grass.Grim af.Dog poo bags,nappy sacks,gloves??

Dancingfairy Wed 07-Feb-18 10:09:17

Oh my lol well I guess atleast they didn't leave it shock.

Wonderwoman98 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:10:23

Ewww 😷 They must have forgot to take the poo bags. At least they did the decent thing and picked it up. If it were me I think I'd have sacrificed a sock 😂

Fabellini Wed 07-Feb-18 10:11:23

Yuck. But fair play to them for still picking it up - I can only imagine that they reached into their pocket for a bag and to their horror discovered none left.
I’ve read enough threads on here about dog poo to know that what they did is exactly what people would demand!

Dancingfairy Wed 07-Feb-18 10:11:41

I think this is one time when it's ok not to pick it up! I mean bare hands come on that's vile. I would have made sure they knew I seen them.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 07-Feb-18 10:11:45

Jesus shock. That's made me feel a bit unwell...

falsepriest Wed 07-Feb-18 10:12:03

Oh god 😷 Hopefully they had a bag and just missed, rather than... what you're suggesting grin. Good that they didn't do the old fake pick-up!

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 07-Feb-18 10:13:16

They could have approached the bin first, I'm sure it was chock full of empty wrappings they could have used as a scoop. Some people are just manky bastards.

Whatchoodoin Wed 07-Feb-18 10:13:42

I once ran out of bags with my dog, I’d taken about 6 out and that was usually wayyyy more than needed but he’d been poorly and I definitely didn’t have enough that time. He did a large plop on some grass fairly close to a School . There were no bins nearby and nothing in my pockets to pick it up. There was no way I’d leave it. I found some huge doc leaves nearby and had to scoop it up in them 😂. So not my bare hands but still disgusting. But sometimes needs must!

Sarahh2014 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:14:17

I'm glad it went in the bin too but 😷😷😷

GladAllOver Wed 07-Feb-18 10:14:49

Oh, good morning Sarahh2004! [shakes hand]

ilovegin112 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:15:29

Maybe they used a bag and it split !!! It’s happened to me before

Believeitornot Wed 07-Feb-18 10:16:32

Well better they picked it up than left it

MsHomeSlice Wed 07-Feb-18 10:18:47

I had to run back to the car for a poo bag on a lovely sunny day, the gloriousness of the weather had meant no coat or cardi, so NO POCKETS

every pocket I have is full to the gunnels with poo bags!

Anyway, there wasn't one to be had there either, but there was an empty crisp packet!! So I had to use that

It's surprising difficult to pick up a MAHOOSIVE GSDdoings with a hulahoopbag!

In the end I managed to get most of it in, but there was no way of getting it home without ending up being clarted in it, so I left it there and went back in the evening for it.

Dh was killing himself laughing at my horrible misfortune.

ThisYear Wed 07-Feb-18 10:25:39

I would think they used a bag but ended up with a bit on their hands when tying it up. Has happened to me, especially when you end up with a handful of grass as well as poo.

Whatchoodoin Wed 07-Feb-18 10:26:55

I bleached my hands afterwards. I hate all animal crap.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Wed 07-Feb-18 10:32:29

This is why I would never have a dog.

Serialweightwatcher Wed 07-Feb-18 10:35:07

I always use poo bags but the odd bit has occasionally caught my finger - maybe he did use a bag but the same thing happened to him

Blackteadrinker77 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:36:29

The bag probably split.

I once tried to buy cheaper bags and they were so thin one split and I got poop on my finger. I was ill.
Doubled the rest of the bags up so false economy and a poopy finger!

ScreamingValenta Wed 07-Feb-18 10:36:54

My dog once decided to poo four times on a walk when I only had three bags - I used some crisp packets (litter) to deal with the fourth one.

I suppose the bonus was that it got rid of some litter grin (see the dog walkers on beach/litter thread, not that this was on a beach).

UgandanKnuckles Wed 07-Feb-18 10:37:25

Christ, some people can't win. If you found it disgusting, imagine how THEY felt!

Spacesuitmakeover Wed 07-Feb-18 10:37:30

In this instance wouldn't you look for a leaf or something rather than bare hands?

Slartybartfast Wed 07-Feb-18 10:56:05

no, they may well have had a poo bag but had a poo escape, that has happened to me, though not today

Mummyoflittledragon Wed 07-Feb-18 10:56:35

Just blocking mine having read this thread. Ewwww

PenelopeFlintstone Wed 07-Feb-18 10:58:59

I would've left it and picked it up on my next dog walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now