Talk

Advanced search

Are Udemy courses good and useful for the workplace?

(4 Posts)
stupidshittyartsdegree Wed 07-Feb-18 08:55:39

Looking through different courses such as Excel in their office productivity category. It says its £11.99 down from about £180!

Is Udemy ok? Have you ever done a course with them, do you learn a proper amount or is it all stuff you could find on Youtube tutorials? If they are that cheap, I could afford to do a few if it helps but don't want to waste my money either.

MojoMoon Wed 07-Feb-18 09:10:02

Udemy has good courses.
If you can't use excel at all, it is a decent place to start. You could do it for free with YouTube tutorials but you would need to know what skills you need to get and then be disciplined enough to follow it through. A structured course like udemy can make that easier.

As to workplace acceptance, it totally depends what job it is. Udemy is a pretty well known.
For lower level admin, fine and shows some gumption to have self studied. It won't get you a job as an excel/VBA developer though.

NewPapaGuinea Wed 07-Feb-18 09:18:37

There's really good courses on Udemy. I'm undertaking one and the breadth of coverage is excellent. Most people learn by doing and it's got me started.

stupidshittyartsdegree Wed 07-Feb-18 10:22:37

Thanks, that sounds good then. I do have basic excel knowledge but would like to become better at it. A friend has advised me it's probably one of the most useful office skills that will be useful in practically any office you work in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: