Talk

Advanced search

...for not allowing cereal crmbling/

(46 Posts)
readysteadyteddy Wed 07-Feb-18 08:12:03

If DH gets up with DS (just turned 3) in the morning, he gives him his weetabix and for some reason allows him to crumble it into the bowl. It goes everywhere, floor, table, hair, clothes, and then it gets tramped through the house from the kitchen. I've asked he doesn't do this, DS is perfectly fine if you just give him the cereal with milk. DH's reply is "Well you feed him then".

So, my choice is I prepare every meal for DS (DH is at work for lunch and DS's dinner) or I have a mess that could be avoided to clean up every day.

I was so angry I crumbled weetabix into his boots and workbag today. Was this unreasonable?

guiltynetter Wed 07-Feb-18 08:18:14

sorry but your revenge has really made me laugh. weetabix does get everywhere, it’s bad enough just getting it from the box to the bowl, i do it over the sink! never mind letting a 3 year old crumble it shock

readysteadyteddy Wed 07-Feb-18 08:20:13

You would have laughed even more if you were here... he just put his boots on and walked out without noticing!

guiltynetter Wed 07-Feb-18 08:20:23

your DH is definitely unreasonable. if he lets him crumble it, how about he cleans it up?!

Snowysky20009 Wed 07-Feb-18 08:25:45

Thanks for the laugh!!!grin

falsepriest Wed 07-Feb-18 08:25:59

DH responsible, DH should clean up

ToothTrauma Wed 07-Feb-18 08:27:04

I really wasn’t expecting that last bit. Well done OP grin

LoopyLou1981 Wed 07-Feb-18 08:28:02

What is it with some dads?! I came downstairs the other day to find ds had a bowl of Cheerios, Rice Krispies and cornflakes that dh had given him ‘because he really seemed to want them all’! 🙈
Good payback btw...I’ll be keeping that one for use in the future!x

MrsMyreton Wed 07-Feb-18 08:34:06

Love it OP, that made me giggle.

My DH this morning: "The house is always clean so what do you do all day?"
Me: "Er, how the hell do you think it gets clean???" hmm

IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 08:34:43

Do it every day untik he realises.. A little more each time too lol

blueskyinmarch Wed 07-Feb-18 08:37:07

Maybe he needs a whole weetabix in the toe of each boot?

AnnieAnoniMouse Wed 07-Feb-18 08:38:38

MrsMyreton 🤣😂 you couldn’t make it up could you!

RST tell him that he doesn’t get to opt out of parenting because he can’t act like an adult. He can let DS crumble the weetbix if he likes, he just needs to be an adult and clean up the mess he allowed DS to make.

Rebeccaslicker Wed 07-Feb-18 08:46:44

Fucking weetabix. I swear it's made out of concrete and superglue!

PoorYorick Wed 07-Feb-18 08:47:29

MrsMyreton, that is not funny at all.

readysteadyteddy Wed 07-Feb-18 08:50:08

LOL@ a weetabix in each boot toe grin

Yes, that was obviously where I went wrong, I didn't crumble enough.

MrsMyreton Wed 07-Feb-18 08:52:36

@PoorYorick what's not funny? smile

claraschu Wed 07-Feb-18 08:54:12

Loopy we always mix cereals. Just wondering if that is unusual, as it seems very normal to me...

WeirdCatLady Wed 07-Feb-18 08:55:48

You do realise that this is just going to backfire on you don’t you? Dh will simply come home and when he takes his boots off the weetabix will be stuck to his socks and will shed everywhere he walks.

Why not just ask him to clear up the breakfast mess?

readysteadyteddy Wed 07-Feb-18 08:57:04

WeirdCatLady sad

I have asked him, he says he hasn't time.

BookHelpPlease Wed 07-Feb-18 08:58:19

Do you have a kitchen door? Can he get toddler to stand outside and do it? Then carry bowl to table? I like crumbled weetabix myself!

but YABU with your revenge- make sure he doesn't walk allover the house with his weetabixy socks!

pastabest Wed 07-Feb-18 09:00:25

Bet you are in charge of the food shopping.

Stop buying weetabix

readysteadyteddy Wed 07-Feb-18 09:00:31

Oooh good idea about the door when the weather gets warmer...

Could even get DS to do it in DH's car!

readysteadyteddy Wed 07-Feb-18 09:01:42

pastabest You know I actually bought oatibix in the hope it would be less crumbly but DS isn't as keen.

newmumwithquestions Wed 07-Feb-18 09:04:42

What’s wrong with mixing cereals? I do it myself and certainly do if that’s what the DC want.

Also back to the OP I don’t think there’s anything wrong in allowing your DC to crumble weetabix. But whoever allows it should clear up the mess afterwards.

And I’m not sure what your work division is but if he’s getting up with your DS so you can have a break/lie in then I think he’s right to say do it yourself if you don’t like what he does! (disclaimer: assuming you both do the same in the evenings/weekends)

I think putting weetabix in his bag and shoes is pretty petty tbh.

soupforbrains Wed 07-Feb-18 09:07:54

what about buying the bitesize ones with the fruit in?

DS used to love those and you don't have the same issues...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now