Talk

Advanced search

crap joke on facebook.... popping again and again

(30 Posts)
Violletta Wed 07-Feb-18 07:39:21

anyone else keep seeing this.... (yes I know I'm just sharing it) it's not that funny

I need to VENT!!!!!!! Because I’m bloody fuming!!! 🤬😡🤬
Got back from aldi today , where I don't usually do my shopping, and to pick up a few things. I'm waiting in line and I dropped £20 note (yep that's me trying to hold everything because I didn't want a trolley). The lady in front of me picked it up. I thanked her and held my hand out, and she said, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector," and walks away.
😡I was like “You’re fucking joking” and I looked at the persons behind me standing in line, they couldn't believe it either.... this can't be real life right now, right?!
So I took a deep breath and I turned back towards the lady/thief/or whatever you wanna call her and as I approached her I said, "Do I look like I'm in the mood?! Let's not play games. Go ahead and give me back my money."
She had the nerve to ignore me completely and tried to walk away from me so of course, I left everything and followed her to the car park as I was calling the police (because of course somebody's about to go to prison not sure who at this point though, her or me). She was almost running at this point to get away from me, which was the first sign of real intelligence 💡 this lady had shown. 😂 When she got to her car she put her bags on the ground trying to quickly get her boot open.
I was boiling at this point! I decided that her “finders keepers" rule just presented the perfect opportunity for a great teachable moment, so, I ran full speed ( probably not that fast), and grabbed her shopping bags, and headed to my car yelling, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector!"
I got in my car ignoring her every attempt to get my attention. I was outta line I'll admit, but she was too. I was fucking fuming 😡 but I had a sense of satisfaction at the same time. Obviously I have never took anything that wasn’t mine But anyway I get home and open the bags and what did I find?
3 packs of fillet steak
3 kgs of wild caught salmon
2 kgs of potatoes
And...
A bottle of Vodka
I can't help but think to myself... WOW! Not bad for £20😂😂😂.
In all seriousness.... this is just a joke to see who would read the entire post.
If you made it...please copy and paste and sit back and enjoy 😂😂😂. Hopefully, I just put a smile on your face!
😂

rainbownights Wed 07-Feb-18 07:49:08

It's on FB, what do you expect?

(Does anyone over 12 and under 65 still use facebook?!)

Flomy Wed 07-Feb-18 07:52:59

I stopped going on Fakebook 5 years ago, thank god.

ShowOfHands Wed 07-Feb-18 07:53:54

Does anyone over 12 and under 65 still use facebook?!

No. Not a single person.

MissionItsPossible Wed 07-Feb-18 07:54:49

Has the word joke changed in 2018 to mean something unfunny?

falsepriest Wed 07-Feb-18 08:01:32

Ban request

k2p2k2tog Wed 07-Feb-18 08:10:53

Not funny, definitely not worth sharing, and sounds like it originated in the US and someone "smart" has substituted Walmart for Aldi.

Nousernameforme Wed 07-Feb-18 08:13:55

TLDR

FlouncyDoves Wed 07-Feb-18 08:17:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LemonShark Wed 07-Feb-18 08:21:42

I don't get the joke? Where's the punch line? It's not funny?

DreamyMcDreamy Wed 07-Feb-18 08:32:40

Meh. It's one of those oh so hilaire (not) Facebook copy and paste things. Eye roll and scroll by.

SoupDragon Wed 07-Feb-18 08:34:04

yes I know I'm just sharing it

Why would you do this??

WaxOnFeckOff Wed 07-Feb-18 08:42:49

(Does anyone over 12 and under 65 still use facebook?!)

Yes me!! grin

Only family and close friends though - I use it more for group chats and stuff though, plus a lot of my DC groups have a page they use for communicating stuff as does the Parent Council. Oh and also neighbours as it's handy for talking about "street stuff" without having to go out in the cold.

I rarely see things like in the OP because the vast majority of my friends and family aren't dicks.

idontlikealdi Wed 07-Feb-18 08:48:46

I barley use Facebook now but I don't get shit like that because I'm not friends with dicks.

Why would you post something that's dickish that you've gone to the time and effort of copying and pasting?

IntoTheFloodAgain Wed 07-Feb-18 08:58:03

Am I the only one who found this funny?

Admittedly I thought the OP had actually done this (and was thinking the thread title makes no sense) but I died at ‘I ran full speed’

maras2 Wed 07-Feb-18 08:59:40

Pheeewww.
Thank God I'm only 64 (until August)
Oh and shit joke by the way.

Violletta Wed 07-Feb-18 09:05:43

I'm on a fair number of groups for local news, hobby and crafts- I don't think any of my actual friends have shared it, just keeps popping up

yes I get the 'well you shared it here' but I haven't shared it in a oh I'm so funny way but in a does anyone actually find this funny and what's the bit on the bottom about

TheWickerWoman Wed 07-Feb-18 09:13:57

Ugh yes! You see it once - you see it a thousand times. I hate these chain ‘jokes’ they’re never funny and everywhere for a couple of weeks or so.

Violletta Wed 07-Feb-18 09:16:00

is Dick mn word of the day?

differentnameforthis Wed 07-Feb-18 09:18:26

So you read a crap joke on fb and thought you'd share it here...why?

differentnameforthis Wed 07-Feb-18 09:19:14

Does anyone over 12 and under 65 still use facebook?!

No. Not a single person.

Actually yes. It's completely fine if you don't any idiots on it.

TathitiPete Wed 07-Feb-18 09:19:29

Got back from aldi today , where I don't usually do my shopping
hmm

TathitiPete Wed 07-Feb-18 09:20:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Birdsgottafly Wed 07-Feb-18 09:30:28

Is this a test to see how bright MN users are?

You would have to be very dim to think that hardly anyone uses FB anymore.

This stuff pops up even if one of your friends aren't sharing it. Some of them are funny.

Your choice of SM sites and rejection of others, doesn't make you superior in any way.

OP you should have put it in chat, there isn't the same level of joyless, pompous fuckers.

Willow2017 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:33:23

Its not a joke, its not funny why would anyone 'share' it on fb?

Am i missing something i thought 'chain letters' stopped years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now