Talk

Advanced search

to think that the Maze Runner movie will still be available in cinemas during half-term next week?

(13 Posts)
Johnb0y Tue 06-Feb-18 21:27:28

I'm planning a cinema trip on Monday for some 13 year olds (vue/odeon).
What are the chances that this will still be showing in the afternoons next week?
It was released on 26th Jan.
It's hard to plan when cinemas don't release next weeks films until Thursday.

Johnb0y Wed 07-Feb-18 07:53:26

anybody?

CluedoAddict Wed 07-Feb-18 07:54:33

I would think so. It's quite popular so should be on for about a month.

falsepriest Wed 07-Feb-18 08:03:19

Big kids release film. Your local multiplex will show it for ages. How far ahead does their website schedule stuff? Presumably you’ve already looked, or I’d be pointing out the really obvious.

Taffeta Wed 07-Feb-18 08:07:32

We went to see The Greatest Showman last weekend and that’s been out over a month

Although missed Wonder - that as out early Dec and had disappeared by the Xmas hols

I’m planning on taking mine to Maze Runner too next week

falsepriest Wed 07-Feb-18 08:11:07

What did you all think of the second Maze Runner? 14 DS loves the first (as did I), but thought the 2nd Lost the plot and just shoved the kids out into the wide world for them to run around a lot. Hesitant about the 3rd.

(Whatever happened to the Divergent films too?)

Johnb0y Wed 07-Feb-18 08:12:33

Taffeta, can you see this one , which is the third in series, if you haven't seen the other two .. will it make sense IYSWIM

falsepriest Wed 07-Feb-18 08:17:40

Johnb0y - first two both on Netflix (last time I checked). First one is definitely worth watching just to know the main characters and how they end up where they are. I won’t spoil that bit, but obv they end up somewhere that has a maze. The escape, second film has them running away from things outside in the apocalyptic world. Can probably dive right into the third, but the first one is fun smile

Taffeta Wed 07-Feb-18 08:31:35

Yes we’ve all seen the other two, I meant no 3.

I agree re no 2 thought it was shite compared to the first one

But it’s one of the few genres my 11yo DD and 14yo DS both enjoy!!

toolonglurking Wed 07-Feb-18 08:53:36

I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of strangers on mumsnet when you could phone your local cinema?

sakura06 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:01:02

Schedules for the following week (Fri to Thurs) are usually released on Tuesday (sometimes Monday). You'll be able to look up screening times now.

JAMMFYesPlease Wed 07-Feb-18 13:02:46

Most likely yes it will still be out. It's not been out long enough to take it out of the cinemas yet.

FingersCrossedHard Wed 07-Feb-18 13:03:52

Vue releases the schedules every Wed op, I spoke to their customer service line a couple of weeks ago about it for ds1's birthday x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now