Talk

Advanced search

When another woman insults your looks

(42 Posts)
oldstudentmum Tue 06-Feb-18 20:52:27

Posting for traffic really.
Long and short got sent a email from exh gf. Had to pick up dc from it (exh) won't go into details why just that dc should not have been there.

She was writing about my looks i.e. Looking old haggard showing your age etc. I didn't read the rest of email as seriously could not care less. But I was wondering do women that insult others looks age are they jealous or something?

I found it a bit weird fwiw no words exchanged at my picking up dc.

NancyJoan Tue 06-Feb-18 20:54:28

Huge insecurity on her part, nothing else to it.

RadioGaGoo Tue 06-Feb-18 20:55:33

Shes either insecure, jealous or feels threatened. No one reasonable does that. It's really quite funny that she reacts like that to you. I imagine she's nothing to you, yet you are clearly on her mind. Just ignore.

Tistheseason17 Tue 06-Feb-18 20:56:24

Just ignore.
Likely your Ex H has made positive comment about you and she is jealous.
If it's really nasty, then you must be looking smoking hot, right now grin

LipstickHandbagCoffee Tue 06-Feb-18 20:57:09

See,she not just another woman.shes his new insecure gf who is threatened by you
She can’t unpick your shared past with him,or the kids.so she has a go at you
To make an impact,she attacks your appearance,because she feels insecure

Best approach- ignore her. Rise above it

jemjemjem50 Tue 06-Feb-18 20:57:10

Just respond

"Glad to see i take up so much room in your thoughts. You rarely make an appearance in mine."

NotSureThisIsWhatIWant Tue 06-Feb-18 20:59:22

Poor woman, if she needs to resort to complaining sorely about your looks, she must have digged deep and hard to find something nasty about you to show she is the better person and she couldn’t.

Congratulate yourself (if you care) you are much better than her.

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 06-Feb-18 21:00:18

I don’t understand what you were reading, was it sent to you?

Not a clue why she’s bothered by what you look. It’s nothing to do with her.

As above, I’d assume she’s got a bee in her bonnet about something and is making petty criticisms of something she thinks will hurt you. I wouldn’t let it bother you.

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:00:23

Insecurity. Nothing more, nothing less. It's the easiest method of making yourself feel better, but also the cheapest.

If nothing else it shows her for how insecure she is; only dicks speak that way about other women. There are millions of better ways to insult another woman that don't involve commenting on her facial lines.

user1474652148 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:00:44

Feel sorry for her

NotSureThisIsWhatIWant Tue 06-Feb-18 21:02:07

I think the best answe to that message is this:

grin

Stormwhale Tue 06-Feb-18 21:02:33

Rise above it and pity her for ending up with your shitty ex. How pathetic of her. She will look back on this and cringe if you keep the moral high ground. Lower yourself to her level and she will feel justified.

FuckingHateRain Tue 06-Feb-18 21:04:10

Jealousy ...

ToastyFingers Tue 06-Feb-18 21:04:52

It isn't necessarily jealousy, or insecurity, often it comes from an inflated sense of self importance, most people who are aware of their flaws aren't so quick to be judgemental. It's useually the one ones with bags of unfounded confidence that are bitchy and judgey in my experience

Happydoingitjusttheonce Tue 06-Feb-18 21:06:08

Wouldn’t want my kids around her. Odd, thick bitch.

ToastyFingers Tue 06-Feb-18 21:06:37

So many spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. I've not had wine, it's my useless phone's fault.

dingdongdigeridoo Tue 06-Feb-18 21:07:29

She knows full well that one day she’ll be the ex, and your DH will move onto the next new shiny thing. Obviously she thinks nothing but her looks matter, and probably feels insecure about that.

What a sad woman.

WingsofNylon Tue 06-Feb-18 21:08:41

I'm confused. She set you an email saying this? Or you saw an email to someone else about you? If the first, then that is very strange behaviour. If the second then she is just insecure and ranting to someone.

WingsofNylon Tue 06-Feb-18 21:10:23

On a side note, i always find it hilarious that people try to use 'showing your age' as an insult. Yes, I look my age due to that being my age.

EfficiencyDeficiency Tue 06-Feb-18 21:10:25

Cheap shot that's all.

For her to take the time to sit and compose an email and actually send it to you shows that she is thinking about you and your looks as why else mention them?

There are many other ways to insult people.

She is obviously jealous of you.

Do not rise to her at all. You will get more satisfaction out of doing that and it just reinforces her patheticness ( not a real word I know but it suited what I needed to say ) grin

Bluntness100 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:12:48

I don't really understand your post. What do you mean you were picking the kids up from "it".are you calling her it?

And were you sent this email? By her?

Bluntness100 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:13:36

Oh you're calling him it, sorry.

Funnyfunnyhaha Tue 06-Feb-18 21:13:54

She has said it to envoke a reaction from you, she’s obviously an absolute treat. Ignore her, I wouldn’t spend another second of your time over the shitty opinion of someone so irrelevant.

Bluntness100 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:16:12

Oh and it is jealousy. You clearly looked good, if you didn't she'd have been smug and gloating and not felt the need to send the email.(sorry get it now). You looked good so she wanted to attack you and knock your confidence.

BlackberryandNettle Tue 06-Feb-18 21:17:36

Is it definitely from her? Or could it be him using her email? I'd ask face to face if you happen to see her again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: