Talk

Advanced search

Bloody neighbours!

(18 Posts)
donners312 Sun 04-Feb-18 17:23:07

They just moved in a few weeks ago and when one of them was recently in hospital went around took flowers and chocolates.

They've just come and asked me to tell the children to stop ringing their doorbell (apparently it kept ringing yesterday). I said no way my kids would do that (they are quite shy) and just moaning to my mum about it and she said well they weren't even at home yesterday. Wasn't quick enough to think of that.

Very pissed off!!

babyccinoo Sun 04-Feb-18 17:27:51

They should have asked, instead of assuming.

They must have realised you're not twatty neighbours when you went over with flowers and chocolates.

If you see them, definitely tell them your kids weren't even home that day. And then just stay on nodding terms only.

donners312 Sun 04-Feb-18 17:32:22

I also really think it's because i'm a single Mum so people just assume your kids are out of control but my DC are very polite and i always get compliments from teachers etc about how polite they are so I a very annoyed.

They are quite old not sure if wife has dementia or is just a bit odd but they can sod off from now on as i helped them out when they lost their keys as well.

babyccinoo Sun 04-Feb-18 17:38:08

If they judge you because you're a SM then they're not worth your time/kindness.

Totally their loss. Don't get sucked into doing things for them all the time.

Lucymek Sun 04-Feb-18 18:33:04

Nobody has said it's because she's a single mum.

hotstepper4 Sun 04-Feb-18 18:40:23

Wish that this was the biggest problem I had with my neighbours.. I'd take that over the kids screaming, mother swearing, wall banging, music playing, dog barking lot I've got next door!

emwithme Sun 04-Feb-18 18:51:04

Is it a wireless doorbell? We had to change the frequency of ours because it was the same as the people over the road, so whenever one of the bells was pressed, both doorbells would ring. It could be that that's happening to them (it was after about half a dozen rings - and me bitching about kids playing knock and run - that I worked it out)

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Sun 04-Feb-18 18:53:21

They made a mistake. There new to the street and haven’t worked out who everyone is and who the naughty children are yet. I wouldn’t take it personally based on this one interaction alone. Or assume anything about you being a SM having anything to do with it:

Myddognearlyatethedeliveryman Sun 04-Feb-18 18:57:57

Next time take laxative chocolates. ...

donners312 Sun 04-Feb-18 20:17:41

It is a wireless doorbell actually and I did think it would be something to do with glitching out.

We actually live in a flat and it is full of old people and no other children or indeed anyone under the age of about 70 !! (long story)

MrsExpo Sun 04-Feb-18 20:26:33

OP, we have one of those wireless doorbells and it used to go off randomly or play some sort of tune when we have it set to a polite “ding dong” type tone (think random renditions of “How much is that doggy in the window” and similar old tunes). Turns out it worked on the same frequency as the neighbours car remote locking. So every time they locked/unlocked their car door we got a random door bell ring. confused .... problem solved when they parked further across away from our house and completely disappeared when they swapped their car.

babyccinoo Sun 04-Feb-18 20:29:34

@Lucymek

hmm Actually, OP said 'I also really think it's because i'm a single Mum so people just assume your kids are out of control.'

Louiselouie0890 Sun 04-Feb-18 20:52:49

What a load of fuss over nothing. They made a mistake- not the end of the world. Has nothing to do with you being single as you said everyone else is 70+ so why would they not think it's the kids. If it's the wireless doorbell maybe try and help or explain so they can check. Yabu. Knickers in a twist for nothing.

ScreamingValenta Sun 04-Feb-18 20:57:30

I have a wireless doorbell, and it does half its chime whenever the neighbours' doorbell is rung. It took me a while after moving in to work this out. Could this be happening to your neighbour?

CrustyCob Sun 04-Feb-18 21:13:40

I did have a wireless doorbell but new neighbours installed electric gates and our doorbell rang when they opened or closed them. I thought we were haunted or something until a more techy friend suggested it.
I'm sorry they had a go at your children, that's mean of them. Let the new neighbours get on with their own troubles from now on.

Lucymek Mon 05-Feb-18 21:07:56

Yesterday 20:29 babyccinoo

@Lucymek

hmm Actually, OP said 'I also really think it's because i'm a single Mum so people just assume your kids are out of control.'

She is just assuming that so take your Sarcey face and shove it up your back side. hmmhmmhmmhmm

If someone had said it I'm sure she would have said.

hmmhmmhmm

babyccinoo Wed 07-Feb-18 07:23:32

@Lucymek Do you usually react so violently to everything? hmm

And it's 'sarky' not 'sarcey'.

Clearly you're hard of understanding and spelling.

And as you like shoving things up arses, here, have a few of these biscuit biscuit biscuit biscuit and shove them up yours.

Sweetpea55 Wed 07-Feb-18 07:51:39

Oh lord for a Like button....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: