Talk

Advanced search

Does my cleaner do enough?

(74 Posts)
Imnotposhjustquaint Fri 02-Feb-18 21:59:36

Have seen a couple of cleaners threads recently and was just wondering what everybody else expects of their cleaners.

I’m perfectly happy with ours at the moment, she’s worked for us for nearly two years. She does two hours of cleaning (5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms, a kitchen and hallway over 3 floors.)

While she’s here she changes 2 beds, hoovers right through including stairs (she hoovers the two bedrooms we use every week and then the empty ones she hoovers EOW) she also cleans all toilets, baths, showers and sinks etc. She damp dusts all round the house and then one week she will dust skirting boards and doors etc then the next week she will do windows and paintwork etc. She will also do any washing and hang it to dry if I haven’t done so. After the cleaning she does 2 hours of ironing which is to a good standard. We pay her £8.50 per hour.

The only things I wish she’d do more of is dust under things instead of round them, I bought it up with her and she said she doesn’t like doing it because she doesn’t like to touch other people’s stuff which I can understand as she’s used to doing holidays cottages without people’s personal belongings. I would also love it if she would take the ironed bedding and clothes upstairs after she’s finished as at present she folds them up and leaves them on the back of the sofa but I haven’t mentioned this to her.

Does this sound reasonable to you? What do your cleaners do?

KindergartenKop Fri 02-Feb-18 22:01:22

Well does she have the time to do those things as well?

MyDcAreMarvel Fri 02-Feb-18 22:01:34

Is this a joke or a reverse ? I can't work out which.

Hedgyhoggy Fri 02-Feb-18 22:01:47

I wish I could do that much in 2 hrs

DragonsAndCakes Fri 02-Feb-18 22:03:36

I think that sounds pretty good.

Monoblock67 Fri 02-Feb-18 22:03:58

She only gets £34 for doing all that? I’m surprised she’s not charging you more, she sounds like a superwoman.

Anotherdayanotherdollar Fri 02-Feb-18 22:04:39

That sounds like an awful lot to do in 2 hours!!
Dusting under things would be nice but I really couldn't get too worked up about bringing the freshly laundered linen upstairs. Is it really that much of a hassle??

AwayAndStuffYourself Fri 02-Feb-18 22:05:02

If she can do all that in two hours then she is bloody marvellous (miraculous,even), and I would be doing everything I could to hang on to her.

NataliaOsipova Fri 02-Feb-18 22:05:06

Blimey. Can you send her round to my house.....?

Rumpledfaceskin Fri 02-Feb-18 22:06:02

You should pay her more. £10 per hour would be more reasonable.

theconstantinoplegardener Fri 02-Feb-18 22:06:03

Gosh, I think your cleaner sounds extremely efficient. It would take me pretty much the whole of the time my DC are at school over a week to do all those things.

eurochick Fri 02-Feb-18 22:06:15

That seems like a huge amount for two hours!

HungerOfThePine Fri 02-Feb-18 22:06:29

Think she does plenty for 2hrs and she has a good system, if you want her to take ironing upstairs then ask her, but is it really important?
I can understand why she doesn't want to move stuff to dust but it is really needed even if there is a risk of breakage etc.

Other than that she seems great.

Lunaballoon Fri 02-Feb-18 22:06:54

I would happily pay her double for that amount of cleaning!

youngnomore Fri 02-Feb-18 22:08:11

shock. Yes. Yes she does.

Snowysky20009 Fri 02-Feb-18 22:08:23

I have 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom and hallway and that takes 1 1/2 hours. How does your cleaner do it? Super women in desguise?

HateIsNotGood Fri 02-Feb-18 22:08:48

Is this an AIBU or a WDYCD (What do your cleaners do)?

For AIBU - YABU to expect any more of your cleaner.

For WDYCD - n/a

Ohlellykelly Fri 02-Feb-18 22:09:07

I started to read your post, imagining a cleaner with 2 hours to clean barely dusting and squirting a bit of bleach, got a few lines in and couldn't believe it. I couldn't do as much as her in 2 hours, she sounds amazing.

Royalfuckup Fri 02-Feb-18 22:09:48

Wow! shockshockshock

Are you SERIOUSLY asking if she’s doing enough?!

This is a reverse. I hate reverses.

YABU

crimsonlake Fri 02-Feb-18 22:09:50

This has got to be a reverse. If not you are seriously expecting your cleaner to do far too much in too little time. Threads title should read - Am I overworking and underpaying my cleaner.

Hohofortherobbers Fri 02-Feb-18 22:10:08

Can I have her number?

Popfan Fri 02-Feb-18 22:10:34

Wow she's a superwoman to get all that done in 2 hours!

UnimaginativeUser Fri 02-Feb-18 22:10:49

I pay £40 for 3 hours every 2 weeks and for that I get my kitchen and bathrooms (x2 + downstairs loo) cleaned thoroughly including floors being mopped, everything else hoovered and whole house dusted (she does move things to dust)

She doesn’t do any windows, bed changing or washing and I never even thought about making this a prerequisite!

Your cleaner sounds like superwoman and I would keep quiet if I were you!

AutumnalTed Fri 02-Feb-18 22:10:52

Takes me 2 hours to change 2 beds tbh

sarahjconnor Fri 02-Feb-18 22:12:08

OMG she must be Mary Poppins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now