Talk

Advanced search

She's stolen my wedding...

(338 Posts)
daftpink Sat 27-Jan-18 18:07:16

I feel really angry with my BF right now and can't decide if I'm being unreasonable or not...

I am getting married in June - we're having a 'wedding weekend' and have hired a lovely large house & guest cottages with an indoor swimming pool, games room etc from the Friday to Monday for our 25 guests.

We have organised a meal on the Friday night, a BBQ Party for the Saturday after the registry office and then a chilled out pool party on the Sunday.

My BF also has her wedding planned for September - a more formal church affair with sit down dinner etc.

Only now, BF has announced that the wedding plans have changed as she is 8 weeks pregnant....and that she has just booked the same house and is planning to invite close family and friends to join them for a relaxing weekend away to celebrate their wedding - 5 weeks before my wedding!

Our friendship group is the same, so other than family, we will have the same guests.

Basically, now her wedding will be almost the same as mine, but as hers is first, I'm the one that will look like I copied her!

Aibu to be absolutely livid that she's done this to me?

LoveInTokyo Thu 22-Feb-18 19:26:36

YANBU. Weddings are really personal things and she’s totally stolen your thunder.

CircleofWillis Thu 22-Feb-18 18:53:59

And before anyone else says it - yes I am overly invested. Am going to sit on my hands...

CircleofWillis Thu 22-Feb-18 18:50:11

:-(

BlondeB83 Thu 22-Feb-18 17:40:40

YADNBU and she is no friend!!

daffodildreamer Thu 22-Feb-18 17:12:29

@CircleofWillis - Alas, no, I’m an idiot who commented on the wrong thread.

CircleofWillis Thu 22-Feb-18 16:15:40

daffodil are you one of the brides in question? If so which one?

Tamatave2000 Thu 22-Feb-18 10:28:28

The movie Bride Wars comes to mind

daffodildreamer Thu 22-Feb-18 09:24:45

I really appreciate all the comments.

Thanks

Thehop Wed 21-Feb-18 11:06:49

What a bitch

CircleofWillis Wed 21-Feb-18 11:03:54

OP were we hallucinating or did you update the thread to say you had changed the venue?

eloisesparkle Mon 12-Feb-18 16:12:25

MsJolly I wasn't being smart at all.
I understood that the thread had been picked up or planted by a journalist and was in a newspaper.
I thought you had missed that.

CircleofWillis Mon 12-Feb-18 14:05:32

Motoko you are right. I responded to that post as well. Where in earth have all those posts gone?

Motoko Mon 12-Feb-18 11:01:07

Well, that's odd. OP did come back and said she'd changed the whole wedding and was no longer going to have the house for the weekend, but it's now disappeared, along with the replies to that post.
And they're not there at all. Usually when a post is deleted, you can still see there was a post, and the username, but it's like they were never there.
I expect this post will go, but hopefully @MsJolly and @eloisesparkle will see this.

MsJolly Sun 11-Feb-18 22:49:12

I have thanks @eloisenotsosparkle... the OP hasn't come back and said if there has been further developments, I was only asking-there is no need to be a not so clever twat. Maybe you should RTFT

eloisesparkle Sat 10-Feb-18 15:04:12

Rtft

MsJolly Sat 10-Feb-18 12:10:38

What happened in the end?

meladeso Sun 04-Feb-18 07:47:32

So out of order!
I would be gutted and cross too.
What exactly have you said to her so far?

dcthatsme Sun 04-Feb-18 07:21:12

Not on! At all! This so-called friend has a very dysfunctional idea of what constitutes a best friend. It is a very strange way to behave. Surely a friend would have your interests and feelings in mind?! I mean had she asked you first - that might have softened or mitigated her weird behaviour. I would find this very hard to stomach and sympathise with you. Your wedding is in June and hers is earlier. Let's hope it rains all weekend and is freezing cold! Seriously though I think you will need to tell her that you are really hurt and can't understand how she can do a thing like this. Good luck!

LaurenL1984 Sun 04-Feb-18 00:47:15

I hope you see this in time! It's completely out of order for her to do what she has done. If it was a different venue that'd be different but no originality whatsoever! However, it gives you time to make something different about your wedding...Don't tell her about the new details either. There are lot of cheap ways to make a wedding spectacular! Try pinterest! I'm sure your friends and family are well aware of what she's doing as well though.

NotAgainYoda Fri 02-Feb-18 05:30:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PoorYorick Thu 01-Feb-18 22:54:48

Yes, anything involving genuine feminism and female solidarity. It is an utterly hateful rag that pits women against each other. I'm not a fan of Page 3, but it's not nearly as misogynistic and hateful as the Heil.

browneyes77 Thu 01-Feb-18 21:20:34

Christ, is there nothing the Daily Fail won’t print?

EmpireVille Thu 01-Feb-18 12:55:20

I'm not sure why I care actually. This one just irritated me.

Half the threads I open on Mumsnet these days scream "fiction" to me. There must be a lot of bored people out there.

eloisesparkle Thu 01-Feb-18 12:36:22

It's been 'picked up' by the Mail yet my post was deleted for troll hunting. sad

It suits Mumsnet for the papers to ahem 'pick up' a thread.
It advertises Mumsnet to the masses.
More people join and advertisers reach a bigger audience, advertising revenue increases so Mumsnet wins.

MiddleClassProblem Thu 01-Feb-18 11:08:30

Well it will get them more hits but not sure it means it should be pulled unless the OP requested it.

Half the ones they do print turn out to be the work of fiction so that’s amusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now