Talk

Advanced search

To think Nicola is just grasping at straws

(180 Posts)
iskegness Wed 24-Jan-18 08:30:20

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5304497/amp/Nicola-Sturgeon-bans-Union-Flag-Queens-birthday.html

Banning the union flag so it's only shown once a year. Surely the failing SNP is loosing popularity and she's just getting ever more ridiculous.

MidnightAura Wed 24-Jan-18 08:32:37

Can’t stand this woman.

Celticlassie Wed 24-Jan-18 08:33:52

The Daily Mail is a reliable source of information.

No hysterical frothing here, no.

chipsandpeas Wed 24-Jan-18 08:34:43

She has said on twitter she hasn't done this

scaryteacher Wed 24-Jan-18 08:35:42

It's in the Telegraph too. Strikes me as spiteful.

Fekko Wed 24-Jan-18 08:36:22

If it’s true she is a ratbag.

iskegness Wed 24-Jan-18 08:37:22

I don't think the mail is any more reliable than her.

She's denying it now, but it's just the kind of thing she would do then axe it and say it's all lies if it gets a backlash.

ATownCalledGallus Wed 24-Jan-18 08:40:33

She's denying it now, but it's just the kind of thing she would do then axe it and say it's all lies if it gets a backlash.

Which is just the kind of thing someone who dislikes her anyway would say. Insinuation without proof –very convincing.

misskelly Wed 24-Jan-18 08:40:39

Bit baffled that the press are reporting this nonsense. Plus, I’m surprised that so many can get so upset about a bloody flag.

petbear Wed 24-Jan-18 08:41:46

Loathe the odious little creature.

That's all I can say without getting banned.

sodabreadjam Wed 24-Jan-18 08:43:35

Just the Daily Mail and the Telegraph trying to shitstir and distract from various Tory messes which are ongoing. You obviously don't like her, OP, so you are desperate to believe it is true.

iskegness Wed 24-Jan-18 08:44:01

Oh please she has form for getting news out, denying it and helpfully distracting from the real issues.

Most of the papers are reporting it, yet we are supposed to believe her that it's all made up.

ATownCalledGallus Wed 24-Jan-18 08:51:50

Most people with an ounce of intelligence would look beyond their apoplectic prejudices and realise that this is not the kind of thing that NS does - banning Union flags from buildings – as if to point-score. It's puerile, trivial nonsense, and simply an excuse for an outraged story to whip up people's shock and horror. And look, it's worked(!)

She has a fuckload of more important things to be bothering with.

iskegness Wed 24-Jan-18 08:53:19

point-score. It's puerile, trivial nonsense

Sounds very much like what NS does.

ATownCalledGallus Wed 24-Jan-18 08:56:21

This is the flag guidance from the First Minister of Wales. I take it you're equally outraged about this, iskegness?

k2p2k2tog Wed 24-Jan-18 08:56:25

Given that her minions are boycotting Tunnock's Teacakes and any other brand which has the Union flag on it or refers to themselves as "British", it doesn't surprise me.

I am very proud to be Scottish and hate that the SNP have hijacked MY flag to associate with their independence crusade. There is no way I'd wear or have anything with a Saltire on it now. I'm quite sad about that.

k2p2k2tog Wed 24-Jan-18 08:59:40

Oh please she has form for getting news out, denying it and helpfully distracting from the real issues.

Which is interesting as there's a bit of a shit storm up here about the SNP promising to keep a children's ward at a hospital open, then closing it. And ongoing issues with the single Scottish police force and its leadership.

"Och Nicola whit are we gunna dae about the stooshie in the press?"

"Just whack oot a storie about the flag wee Mairi and they'll forget how useless we ur"

ATownCalledGallus Wed 24-Jan-18 09:01:46

All so embarrassing, those funny little Scottish words, aren't they?? Oh, how I wish we could all talk like the Queen.

sodabreadjam Wed 24-Jan-18 09:02:44

Every time Scotland, the Scottish Government or Nicola Sturgeon is praised for doing something well (better performing NHS, better child health policy) the Tory papers dig up some rubbish to activate their Union Jack worshipping core base. Just a distraction.

Fekko Wed 24-Jan-18 09:04:41

Boycott Tunnocks? Never going to happen.

k2p2k2tog Wed 24-Jan-18 09:05:09

the Scottish Government or Nicola Sturgeon is praised for doing something well

That's an incredibly rare occurence, to be honest.

zippey Wed 24-Jan-18 09:06:20

It shouldn’t be flown in Scotland. We need to look at ways of getting rid of the monarchy. Also, the SNP are the government chosen by the people.

We should be more concerned of a royal family who sponge off the taxpayer and shambolic Brexit which was widely rejected in Scotland yet we still have to partake in it.

The SNP are a great government, and have the support of a lot of people in Scotland.

Commuterface Wed 24-Jan-18 09:07:20

What an odious creature she is. And yes she has form for denying once bad press comes out.

iskegness Wed 24-Jan-18 09:08:44

Which is interesting as there's a bit of a shit storm up here about the SNP promising to keep a children's ward at a hospital open, then closing it. And ongoing issues with the single Scottish police force and its leadership.

Why am I not surprised. It's so transparent.

I can't see people actually stopping eating those delicious tea cakes and caramel wafers. It's like how most of MN never read the mail, but secretly do.

Fekko Wed 24-Jan-18 09:10:16

It’s the UK flag. Last time I looked we voted to stay part of the UK.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: