Talk

Advanced search

To be unreasonably annoyed when a really spicy thread is deleted!!

(25 Posts)
Howdydoodyfolks Tue 23-Jan-18 18:48:03

It is like reading a great book and then the last page being ripped out! What is the ending??? We will never know angry

JJPP123 Tue 23-Jan-18 18:48:50

Yup. Sometimes I can't figure out why they've gone too.

LittleFeileFooFoo Tue 23-Jan-18 18:49:30

YANBU!

Greyponcho Tue 23-Jan-18 18:50:38

Maybe because people are asking for advice and not providing entertainment for strangers on the internet?
Is a bit irksome though when you take time to give advice and it’s ignored (?) when the OP doesn’t come back

Blackteadrinker77 Tue 23-Jan-18 18:54:50

I was about to say the OPs not replying to a thread they start is more frustrating to me.

Howdydoodyfolks Tue 23-Jan-18 19:02:57

Glad Im not the only one!! I know sometimes it could be because the OP has been outed and requested it be deleted, but still ..<<whinge whinge>> grin

blueshoes Tue 23-Jan-18 20:04:26

I agree. It feels like a waste of my time to reply to a thread only for the OP to ask to pull it.

I understand the outing reasons but over the medium to longer term, it would affect my motivation to take the time to post any helpful advice at all and ultimately turn me off the site.

It should not be automatic at OP's request, and I don't believe it is. I hope mn balances the interests of the OP against the interests of the site and others who find the thread useful.

KickAssAngel Tue 23-Jan-18 20:10:45

It's an open forum on the internet. It amazes me how some people don't get that it's about as public as it's possible to be. Don't post anything that you wouldn't be happy to see in a national paper, with your mum reading it.

Howdydoodyfolks Tue 23-Jan-18 20:21:48

Exactly KickAssAngel!! Always expect the Daily Mail to get hold of it, and always presume the person you are moaning about will read it - if you are not happy with that then dont blooming well post!

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 Tue 23-Jan-18 20:26:42

It really annoys me when OPs get pissed that the thread isn’t going the way they want it to so they claim they’re either “outed” or it’s causing them “distress”.

Singlebutmarried Tue 23-Jan-18 20:26:57

Ah that’s why I can’t find it.

Grr

That was going to be my reading material for this evening.

RoseWhiteTips Tue 23-Jan-18 20:27:51

Which thread are you on about?

Viviennemary Tue 23-Jan-18 20:29:36

Most annoying is ones that are removed because they don't go the OP's way. I put on a thread about a trivial incident and got torn to shreds by some posters. Quite a few really. grin But I wouldn't ask for it to be deleted because folk didn't agree.

Viviennemary Tue 23-Jan-18 20:30:06

It wasn't very spicy I'm sorry to say!

Howdydoodyfolks Tue 23-Jan-18 20:38:15

Viviennemary - true, maybe "spicy" wasnt the right word but I couldnt think of a better one at the time smile
RoseWhiteTips - I'm on about the one where there were a group of friends and a newby was causing problems. Better not say anymore about is as this one will be deleted!!!

Howdydoodyfolks Tue 23-Jan-18 20:41:18

Oh sorry Viviennemary - you meant your one wasnt spicy, thought you meant the one that was deleted! Am confusing myself here grin

RedPanda2 Tue 23-Jan-18 20:55:22

It's really irritating if you put emotional labour into a long reply and then it's...gone. Especially if it's something intetrsting

UterusUterusGhali Tue 23-Jan-18 21:12:50

I'm still annoyed about the £200 bracelet one from years ago. It was hilarious. The OP could have done the decent thing once the penny dropped and held her hands up and admit she was wrong.

BerylStreep Tue 23-Jan-18 21:15:19

Why has the newbie friend one been deleted?

ItsNachoCheese Tue 23-Jan-18 21:16:25

Yanbu at all!

mrsBeverleyGoldberg Tue 23-Jan-18 21:20:56

I read that too.

twattymctwatterson Tue 23-Jan-18 21:25:46

You do know that the vast majority of the "spicy" threads are bollocks don't you? For example the CF threads, the MIL threads and the "is he cheating" threads

AHungryMum Tue 23-Jan-18 22:24:08

YANBU at all!

The one last week for eg about whether it was unreasonable for the OP to pull a sickie from work for three days because she "needed" the time off. It got deleted because apparently the OP, "tartanjess", was a previously banned user. Mumsnet will never tell us why but I'd love to know what she was banned for!

The latest one to come down was the lady who posted about her daughter being wrongfully expelled from school...and now we will never know the truth about why it really happened (her account was seriously confusing)....

biscuitmillionaire Tue 23-Jan-18 22:27:28

What happened with the thread about the warrant out for the OP's arrest for not attending jury service? That wasn't a troll, surely?

Greyponcho Wed 24-Jan-18 10:17:34

Ahh yes, the “shall I throw a sickie for a test for dream job?”.
Fine, ask us by all means, but ffs don’t start a repeat thread asking the same shit question because you got bored of the first and then drip-feed as to why you can’t take unpaid leave. Baffling. confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: