Advanced search

When to go to a and e or what can I do

(52 Posts)
Pickledonion24 Mon 22-Jan-18 20:38:31

Currently being tested for endometriosis finally have been for past 5 years but because I’m only 23 they keep saying my bad periods will pass. I’ve taken all the codine ibroprufen and tablets to help with the flow I can untill midnight when I can take some ibroprufen and then codine at 2 in the morning. I’m sat in the bath crying my eyes out in pain sweating as I need the bath so hot to help. My partners watching me to as I’m feeling so dizzy from the pain. I don’t no what to do I don’t want to waste time at a and e

Pickledonion24 Mon 22-Jan-18 20:54:15


rainbownights Mon 22-Jan-18 21:29:15

ring 111 and see what they say?

UpstartCrow Mon 22-Jan-18 21:30:41

If you are at risk from fainting from the pain, go to A&E. No one should be in this much pain flowers

Mooey89 Mon 22-Jan-18 21:33:32

Oh you poor love!

When I had an issue with my gallbladder I soldiered on in intense pain so bad I was rocking on the floor in a ball, eventually my mum dragged me to the walk in clinic, she said pain like that (whatever the reason) should be A&E!

They might be able to hook you up to some lovely meds, even IV paracetamol is incredible.

It’s not normal to be in this much pain with painkillers not touching it.

Go to A&E sweet, and hope you feel better soon.

Herewegoagainagain Mon 22-Jan-18 21:33:49

It took me years to get an endometriosis diagnosis and I know a woman who only had a proper investigation for it when she went to A&E. Adhesions can be very very painful and cause your organs to stick together.

GetYourRocksOff Mon 22-Jan-18 21:34:49

Oh sweets

Phone 111 please.

Snugglywithmycat17 Mon 22-Jan-18 21:35:09

Go to A and e now. Are u sure it’s endometriosis? Have u had scans etc? Get help good luck

JaneyEJones Mon 22-Jan-18 21:36:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GetYourRocksOff Mon 22-Jan-18 21:37:22

111 will decide whether it's out of hours or a and e

Pickledonion24 Mon 22-Jan-18 21:41:58

I’m currently sat ouside in pain on a chair crying with to hot water bottles as I was so hot inside boyfriends being an arse after my bath I came in to get hot water bottle and put dishes away he asked me I was moving my stuff so he could hoover the bedroom

IAmSamSamlAm Mon 22-Jan-18 21:43:36

Is there out of hours 24/7 in most places then? I live in a big city and it's 10pm latest here.

Hope you feel better soon op xx

MyNameIsNotSarah Mon 22-Jan-18 21:46:41

Go to A&E I have a very small amount of Endo and it used to floor me. You should not be in this much pain.
Get your partner to take you. Go now.

InspMorse Mon 22-Jan-18 21:53:44

How long does the pain typically last?

Mine lasts for around a couple of hours and is just as I think I can't stand it any more it subsides. It feels like someone is twisting a knife.

Ibuprofen & Codine PLUS paracetamol. Is good.
Go to the GP as they can prescribe stronger stuff for serious attacks.

Ljlsmum Mon 22-Jan-18 22:01:48

If you take codeine its way better with paracetamol but if it's as bad as you're saying go to A&E.

PurplePoppySeed Mon 22-Jan-18 22:02:37

I've had it too, you need to be referred to a gynae consultant ASAP, if your GP won't do this then you have no option but to go to A&E. However given the NHS situation at the moment you really should ring your doctors or the out of hours doctors via 111 and get an emergency appointment otherwise you'll be sat in A&E for hours in more pain than at home in the bath.

It really is horrible, I feel for you thanks

Pickledonion24 Mon 22-Jan-18 22:08:29

Got my second gynaecologist appointment tomorrow but the last one was six months ago

RandomMess Mon 22-Jan-18 22:09:10

So sorry you have not been taken more seriously before now, it's rubbish thanks

ChaChaChaCh4nges Mon 22-Jan-18 22:13:53

It makes me so angry that gynaecological issues aren't taken seriously - whether it's pain or flooding periods, why are so many women left in distress with their lives so disrupted?

Hellywelly10 Mon 22-Jan-18 22:17:48

I think you need to call 111

peachgreen Mon 22-Jan-18 22:21:07

This won't help just now but please ask your GP to prescribe transexamic and mefanamic acid. They were the only things that helped with my periods when my PCOS was terrible. Ibuprofen just isn't strong enough. Also make sure you start taking them IMMEDIATELY - as soon as you know your period is coming, before you're even in pain - and keep taking them as regularly as you can even if it's not hurting. The anti-inflammatory effect is far better as a preventative than a cure - same goes for ibuprofen. Sorry I can't help with the immediate pain. I tended to just ride it out because I knew it would eventually stop but I went to A&E with gallbladder pain as I couldn't take the agony any more, so I sympathise entirely. Hope you feel better soon.

Pickledonion24 Mon 22-Jan-18 22:26:54

I take transenamic and menfamic already they’ve helped a lot but every now and then I end up like this

Cherrycokewinning Mon 22-Jan-18 22:29:40

It sounds awful but you have the appointment tomorrow and drugs, is there anything else A&E would actually do?

ginswinger Mon 22-Jan-18 22:29:58

I wouldn't condone violence but perhaps an accidental nudge in the happysack might give your partner some empathy for your experience.

RedHelenB Mon 22-Jan-18 22:30:19

My Dd went on the pill when she was fainting and being sick every month. Not really sure it's a good use of A and E as it's neither.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: