Talk

Advanced search

She's completely taken advantage of me hasn't she?

(54 Posts)
Butttons Mon 22-Jan-18 19:57:03

Selling a few baby bits on local Facebook page. I had 1 item up for £5, in near mint condition. Brand new it sells for £17 on Amazon. A lady messaged me asking if I'd take £3. I'd got a lot of offers on some other bits so said that yes I would. We tried to arrange collection and struggled to find a suitable day as I work part time and we're away a lot at weekends at the moment. Anyway, she lives a couple of streets away from me so we arrange a time that I can deliver to her as I'm passing anyway. 5 min before we're due to meet she messages me and says she doesn't have any change (and can't leave the house as her child us sleeping). I turn up and she says she has £5 note or £2 in coins. Muggins here digs around and finally finds £2 change to give in exchange for the £5.

She has totally played me hasn't she? I'm not fussed about £2 but have just been left feeling totally taken advantage of. If it had been me I'd have offered to just give the giver considering the other person was going to the effort to deliver to me AND I didn't have the correct change. AIBU to feel like a complete mug?

SilenceIsBroken Mon 22-Jan-18 19:59:13

So you agreed on £3, and she ended up giving you £3? I don't think you're a mug if she paid the price you both agreed on.

BellyBean Mon 22-Jan-18 20:00:46

A lot of hassle for £3, but your choice not to ask extra for delivery.

Nocabbageinmyeye Mon 22-Jan-18 20:02:03

Huh? You agreed £3 and you got £3, not seeing the issue, you were passing anyway

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Mon 22-Jan-18 20:02:38

But you'd agreed £3. Why wouldn't she expect the change? Sounds like a hell of a lot of hassle for a few quid. I'd be inclined to charity shop instead?

Dishwashersaurous Mon 22-Jan-18 20:02:43

You agreed three, she paid three. Failing to see any problem

Jassmells Mon 22-Jan-18 20:02:54

So many time wasters when selling on Facebook drives me round the bend, occasionally hit lucky though. If they even start quibbling on price or delivery I block them!

user1471517900 Mon 22-Jan-18 20:04:10

Yeah you've not been played. You've sold something for an agreed price.

DriggleDraggle Mon 22-Jan-18 20:04:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Allabitmuchisntit Mon 22-Jan-18 20:05:29

But she paid the price you agreed on?

confusedlittleone Mon 22-Jan-18 20:06:17

The fact she has a £5 note is irrelevant- £2 is enough to buy dinner for some people

Nicknacky Mon 22-Jan-18 20:06:47

What's the problem?

GreatDuckCookery Mon 22-Jan-18 20:08:40

She didn't make you go round though, you offered to as you were passing. Plus you agreed on £3.

What am I missing here?

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Mon 22-Jan-18 20:10:53

You think you’ve been taken advantage of because you sold something for the price you agreed to sell it for? confused if you wanted a fiver you should have said “no it’s a fiver” before going over there!

Rumpledfaceskin Mon 22-Jan-18 20:12:03

Yep I see no problems. She paid the price you agreed. If you’re bitter about selling it for 3 why didn’t you put it on eBay?

Knittedfairies Mon 22-Jan-18 20:12:21

I think maybe the OP is feeling short-changed (literally) because the buyer had a £5 note, so could have paid the £5 OP wanted. But you did agree to £3 so that's not relevant.

Pengggwn Mon 22-Jan-18 20:12:36

Wtfdoicare Mon 22-Jan-18 20:12:57

Confused! You agreed £3 and she paid you £3 so what's the problem?

BertrandRussell Mon 22-Jan-18 20:13:09

Eh?

princesssparkle1 Mon 22-Jan-18 20:15:18

You got the price you agreed. £3.

If you didn't want that price then don't agree to it

Der.

honeysucklejasmine Mon 22-Jan-18 20:15:54

I sort of see where your coming from. I went to collect an item that was £9. I only had a tenner. I did not ask for change, the seller isn't a bank and it's not her fault I didn't have the right change.

ThisLittleKitty Mon 22-Jan-18 20:16:26

I had a similar thing. Put something on Gumtree for £90 the woman turned up said she wanted it and went "it was £80 wasn't it"'I said no it was listed for £90 she then claimed to have only brought £80 as that's what she "thought" it was

DancesWithOtters Mon 22-Jan-18 20:16:36

Why didn't you say no?

thecatsarecrazy Mon 22-Jan-18 20:16:37

I know its annoying op but try to just forget it, it's not worth it.
F.b is a pain in the arse. When I moved house I had a cd player i needed to get rid of so put on f.b free to collector. A woman i used to work with said she wanted it, wouldn't leave me alone kept saying when your free i defiantly want it. Dh took it to her house for me. 2 days later she put it on f.b again for free. Said she didn't have space. Anyway a woman who has literally kitted out her whole fucking house for free pretty much said she wanted it. I was pissed off because she isn't needy shes just a greedy fucker. She let it go to her. I wouldn't personally had let her have it but there we go.

Pengggwn Mon 22-Jan-18 20:17:21

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: