Talk

Advanced search

To dislike Paul Hollywood?

(36 Posts)
crunchymint Mon 22-Jan-18 11:12:17

I think he comes across as very arrogant and a bit of a knob. Can't stand the man.

TheQueenOfWands Mon 22-Jan-18 11:14:11

I've only ever seen him on Bake Off and he seems okay.

Bit obsessed with 'bakes'...

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 22-Jan-18 11:14:43

YANBU. However I don't suppose he's particularly in love with you, either, so. There's no love lost, is there.

MsHomeSlice Mon 22-Jan-18 11:15:15

i know....but he is kind to Mary Berry so he is not quite on my list*

*not the good list.

letsdolunch321 Mon 22-Jan-18 11:16:09

Up his own arse, Very irrationing man

When he rears his ugly face the telly goes off in my house

petbear Mon 22-Jan-18 11:19:00

YANBU. Cannot STAND the man.

Not even sure why.

Arrogant, full of himself, annoying voice, annoying face.

Puts me off watching Bake off TBH.

strugglingtodomybest Mon 22-Jan-18 11:20:30

YANBU, you can like or dislike who you want.

araiwa Mon 22-Jan-18 11:21:13

How does he feel about you?

Would you consider couples therapy?

LemonBreeland Mon 22-Jan-18 11:21:58

I hate on Bake Off, older series more than shown recently, the way he forks a cake to check the bake. You can tell by eating it. Stop pulling it apart with a fork!

TrinitySquirrel Mon 22-Jan-18 11:22:14

He just comes across as a bloke from the older Wirral generation to be honest. They're pretty much all like that grin

RowenasDiadem Mon 22-Jan-18 11:23:00

YANBU but, I can't say he didn't win some serious points with me recently when he fixed my baking issues. A google search on why my bread wasn't rising well and was too heavy/split in baking pulled up an instructional video of his and my bread now is f**king amazing now. Perfect every time!

Thanks Paul.

I'm still not a massive fan, but you did fix my bread. You deserve some of your arrogance.

iskegness Mon 22-Jan-18 11:25:19

I don't like him. Couldn't help himself but sleep with the co star.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Mon 22-Jan-18 11:25:26

Haha he’s very divisive clearly. (Begins countdown til someone starts the next AUBU to really fancy Paul Hollywood thread) grin

ThymeLord Mon 22-Jan-18 11:26:07

I don't like him. He rubs me up the wrong way. He seems a slimy sort.

crunchymint Mon 22-Jan-18 11:26:44

Yes I agree he seems slimy.

LabradorMama Mon 22-Jan-18 11:27:11

I was a big fan until he had an affair and split up jus family, I remember seeing pictures of his devastated wife in the press and feeling so sorry for her and their son.

Can’t stand the man now

Eatalot Mon 22-Jan-18 11:27:31

There used to be a local nightclub in my ht where older men would populate and young girls would go to get bought drinks and play drinking game of who can snog the oldest man. All the men looked somewhat like Paul Hollywood. Jeans, belt, shirt tucked in, dress shoes and hair gel- so much hair gel.

FizzyCherry Mon 22-Jan-18 11:42:16

He lives not far from me (or he did, I think his wife chucked him out again). I've only been in the same room as him twice but friends know him because his kid went to school with theirs etc.
General consensus is he's an entitled twat.

berwickswan Mon 22-Jan-18 11:57:07

Loathe him. And went off Mary berry big time too when her response to his affair was "well, boys will be boys". angry

Hareinthewoods Mon 22-Jan-18 12:03:58

Slightly off topic but on my last trip into London I discovered a 'Paul Hollywood' bakery and cafe.
Guess how much a pie cost(normal everyday single serving pie)?! Only £6.95!!!! The sausage rolls were £1 an inch!

Now for that price I would be expecting the sleaze ball himself to be putting on a show and baking them himself. Give me a Greggs any day instead of that.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Mon 22-Jan-18 12:10:46

He’s like a big overproven white loaf.

I wonder if he springs back when poked.

Keepingcoolwhenitshot Mon 22-Jan-18 12:14:06

To be irritated by a mum friend continually asking to borrow our toys. Her Dd is a nightmare and v spoilt. No one allowed to touch her stuff if we are at their house and her mum allows this. Laughs and says oh she's a nightmare! Child then takes a fancy to one of my Dd toys and the mum then asks if they can borrow it 😳She then messaged me to say could they borrow another thing as her dd keeps asking for it!!!!! Thoughts please?

Tobebythesea Mon 22-Jan-18 12:15:39

He cheated on his wife and that’s why I dislike him.

KERALA1 Mon 22-Jan-18 12:17:56

Same as tobebythesea.

Any man that does that I immediately go off. Euan Mcgregor can sod off too. Used to like him - not any more. Sleazy liars all of them.

Abouttoblow Mon 22-Jan-18 12:24:08

Can't stand him. He was OK I suppose but went right off him after he cheated on his wife.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: