Talk

Advanced search

To ask if I can wash a king sized duvet in the bath?

(98 Posts)
Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 21:56:45

DD (4) has been on a mission to fuck me off this week.

To cut a long story short she has drawn massively bushy eyebrows on my faux tapestry of a young man serenading his betrothed, she’s drawn eyebrows on my cushion that had a stag on it and she’s even drawn eyebrows on the fucking cat.

Needless to say she got a bollocking and didn’t take kindly to that either so what does she go and do? She pisses ALL OVER MY FUCKING DUVET. I’ve been quoted £30 at the laundrette but the bloody thing only cost me that two weeks ago angry

Can I wash it in the tub? It’s only a synthetic one so no goose feathers etc.

Thanks in advance.

dementedpixie Sun 21-Jan-18 21:59:15

Is the quote for dry cleaning rather than washing? You wouldn't be able to spin in at home after the bath

Hoppinggreen Sun 21-Jan-18 22:00:31

When DS puked on mine I did was h it in the bath but struggled to dry it and eventually bought a new one

ThisLittleKitty Sun 21-Jan-18 22:01:10

When mine wet my bed I thought about this but I would be saturated and where would you hang it to dry? And trailing the water through the house. I threw it away.

Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 22:01:24

No that’s for washing, were fairly rural and it’s a small town. Wouldn’t be worth my while driving through with it to the next bigger town.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Unless I wait for a windy day and hang it on the line to get some of the excess off before putting it in the tumbler.

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Sun 21-Jan-18 22:02:02

You can wash it in the bath no problem. But don’t expect to get it dry before June. wink

brownelephant Sun 21-Jan-18 22:02:44

take it to a laundrette.
big drum & tumble dry. should cost not nuch more than a tenner.

Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 22:03:03

grin ohh god, new duvet it is!

BulletFox Sun 21-Jan-18 22:03:28

Oh god that would be a right palaver.

Can you take it to the launderette?

dudsville Sun 21-Jan-18 22:03:31

Find a laundromat with big machines.

bobstersmum Sun 21-Jan-18 22:04:19

Can't got squash it into the wash? I've washed a summer weight one before in the machine but not a winter one. How about wash just the pissy area in the sink, sort of dip it in and scrub a bit, then it's not the whole duvet you need to wash.

bobstersmum Sun 21-Jan-18 22:04:48

You not got!
I would also confiscate all pens!

NancyJoan Sun 21-Jan-18 22:05:38

It’s the drying, you’ll never manage it.

Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 22:05:47

She’s literally pissed all over it. Little cow she is angry

I’ve only got a 5kg washer at home. Will see if I can fathom another laundrette with the big drums.

Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 22:06:18

It was tip ex

MarieNostra Sun 21-Jan-18 22:06:23

A new one is easier. Get one.

Where to dump the old one is the real question though?

ATeardropExplodes Sun 21-Jan-18 22:06:35

i washed and dried a super king duvet in 48 hours. soaked in the bath and rinsed on day 1. wedged up out of the bath on an old plastic wire frame to drip dry overnight. next morning, squeeze any soggy bits and transfer onto lakeland drier going over the full drier, and putting towels in the floor to mop up drips day 2. turn during the afternoon to heat the ends. turn again layering it all over the drier end day 2. by the next morning all dry.

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Sun 21-Jan-18 22:07:09

Don’t suppose you know anyone with an 8kg+ drum?

Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 22:07:25

teardro are the Lakeland driers anygood?

Bluedoglead Sun 21-Jan-18 22:07:28

You can wash it in the bath but drying it is a bugger and involves Jenga with airers over the bath.

I’d go to the laundrette.

ThisLittleKitty Sun 21-Jan-18 22:07:31

Mines 8kg I think and wouldn't fit my double in

Placeboooooooo Sun 21-Jan-18 22:08:24

I’ve asked SIL & DM but they’ve got 7kg. My BF has got a 5kg like me. But I could ask my nan

Winosaurus Sun 21-Jan-18 22:09:08

Sorry but LOL at the eyebrows 🙊
Sorry about yogt duvet... launderette seems like a good idea

Winosaurus Sun 21-Jan-18 22:09:41

Ps: did you get a picture of the cat? Please share grin

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Sun 21-Jan-18 22:10:15

If this was Mr. Bean he would cut it in half and wash each half in yours and your BFs 5kg drums grin

You could wash it then whilst still in bath fold it lengthways and roll to squeeze as much water out as possible. Keep going rolling as tight as possible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: