Talk

Advanced search

To not have to wear a bra to bed

(48 Posts)
Mustang27 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:42:57

Ok so I have no idea where to post this please don't flame me. I looked through all the topics but none seemed to fit the bill.

12 days pp and I'm already sick to death of having to wear a bra and pads to bed whilst I'm breastfeeding. My boobs leak and if my last feeding experience is anything to go by they will leak for at least a year sad I don't mind the pads it's just having to wear a bra to bed that kills me. It's a non wired stretchy one but I still feel restricted. Help what did you do? Any recommendations or tips on how to be a bit more comfy would be great.

Considering changing my username to something Charlie Dimmock related.

RB68 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:45:01

I am quite big but took to wearing a skin tight vest thing as I couldnt bear bras but it still held pads etc relatively in place and easy access although I was expressing not feeding so slightly different

outofmydepth45 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:45:12

I'm afraid you have to buy a huge soft nursing one. EBay is good. Binning them is a joy

treeofhearts Sat 13-Jan-18 20:45:39

I'd use medical tape to just tape the pads on. Couldn't sleep in a bra.

Mum2jenny Sat 13-Jan-18 20:46:07

Absorbent towel on the bed and just no bra worked for me, although I understand isn't everyone's choice.

A580Hojas Sat 13-Jan-18 20:46:09

You could have put it in chat.

Allfednonedead Sat 13-Jan-18 20:47:22

Two options - first time around, I had lovely feeding vests that would have been very comfy in bed. Second time around, I just put a towel over the part of the bed likely to get milky.
You could put DriNite pads under it if you leak loads.

Celticlassie Sat 13-Jan-18 20:47:41

I've got H&M nursing vests that are quite comfy for bed.

brownelephant Sat 13-Jan-18 20:48:35

lily pads

Leigha3 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:49:25

Maybe a top with a built in bra might be better? They tend to not be too restrictive but more comfortable than an actual bra.

Cardilover Sat 13-Jan-18 20:49:28

I got some pj vests with secret support in, they were comfy and less restrictive than a bra but held the pads in place.

scottishbride Sat 13-Jan-18 20:50:13

Mothercare do feeding crop tops that I wore overnight and found really comfy- due baby number 2 next week and actually looking forward to using them again!

butterybean Sat 13-Jan-18 20:52:44

Get disposable bed mats from pound shop or use puppy pads. Worked for me. I have huge boobs that fell out if any type of soft bra. Luckily I've nearly stopped leaking now at 10 weeks.

mumonashoestring Sat 13-Jan-18 20:52:50

Yep, I used the Mothercare type feeding tops with the stretchy inner band as pyjama tops - nowhere near enough support for daytime wear but they have enough 'structure' to hold pads in place without that 'sleeping in the coils of an anaconda' feeling.

Bambamber Sat 13-Jan-18 20:53:55

I use a vest top or strap top with pads. I'm a heavy leaker especially when feeding, so if I'm sitting up to feed I use a milkies milk saver on the opposite breast. If I'm laying down to feed I stick a muslin cloth down my top for extra absorbancy

MsMarple Sat 13-Jan-18 20:54:51

Secret support vests worked well for me; I bought them large so not too tight.

Picklepickle123 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:56:12

I got the Medela nursing bras from Amazon - not sure which shop sells them - and they were the best night nursing bras! I hate hate hate wearing bras whilst sleeping, and these were the best I could find (I did try a few that are now at the back of the drawer). I ordered the XL even though I'm a size 10/12.

ClaryFray Sat 13-Jan-18 20:56:19

Sports bra? Or a bralette. Useless at supporting bigger boobs but great to feel like somethings there at night smile

Pengggwn Sat 13-Jan-18 20:56:46

Oh god, I'd forgotten the waking up in a pool of my own milk! I wore a nursing bra, but next time round I will definitely wear pads with more consistency.

thecraftyfox Sat 13-Jan-18 20:56:47

Massive boobs here. I didn't bother with bras or tops at night time, just a towel across the top of the bed. I also used to feed lying down do it caught any dribbles and let down from that too. Change in the morning

brizzledrizzle Sat 13-Jan-18 20:57:47

I just used one of the disposable bed pads for potty training.

ocelot41 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:58:14

Bravissimo pyjama tops with built in soft bra are your friend. I lived in them in the early days! (And no, I don't work for them)

minipie Sat 13-Jan-18 20:59:48

I had special maternity sleeping bras, crossover style. They were very lightweight and fairly loose - wouldn't have been supportive enough for day but was enough to hold pads in.

I think they were from Jojomaman - will see if they still do them.

EatTheChocolateTeapot Sat 13-Jan-18 21:00:04

Very large bamboo towel, good for refluxy babies too and comfy to sleep on.

BeyondThePage Sat 13-Jan-18 21:00:22

secret support PJ tops were good for me.

Also - just think - all that extra support whilst your boobs are changing means less chance of "droopage" in future!

When in France was advised to wear a night bra, to "maintain" my shape as well as keep the pads in!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now