Talk

Advanced search

Lighthearted is dh bu or is it me?

(9 Posts)
mailfuckoff Sat 13-Jan-18 17:39:44

As a family we are going on a big holiday in a few weeks. This is a holiday me and the kids want to go on so I've booked it, sorted everything out etc. Im now getting kids clothes together and other bits so we don't forget anything. I've had them try everything on to make sure it fits and they are happy to wear it. Dh has done nothing to help yet.
AIBU to start getting it ready too early as I'm excited or should he help out more? I always like being more prepared then he does, he's a book the week before kind of guy.

EllaHen Sat 13-Jan-18 17:43:48

How old are the kids? Mine pack their own cases, we only check the youngest's.

I say 'we' but actually it is usually dh. He's on top of what tech we need.

Nothing is done until the few days before we leave though.

So, both of you and neither of you are being unreasonable.

mailfuckoff Sat 13-Jan-18 17:45:36

Kids are 7 so they get a say in what's packed but I make sure it's all suitable

Velvetbee Sat 13-Jan-18 17:45:36

Ha! I enjoy getting ready for holidays it's part of the excitement for me. I make lists, give them to the kids, check the piles they amass, plan with them which toys they'll take, I love it.
DH chucks a few of his things in a bag the day we leave.

Weezol Sat 13-Jan-18 17:45:42

I would book well in advance and pick up sunscreen, insect repellent when it's on offer.
I don't pack until a couple of days before though. Packing several weeks in advance seems a bit mad tbh.

Sparklingbrook Sat 13-Jan-18 17:46:10

My DH is like that. He starts looking forward to holidays the night before. While he's still at work he can't get in the holiday mood.

mailfuckoff Sat 13-Jan-18 17:47:42

Can I say I'm not packing underwear but t shirts and shorts that won't be needed during winter, they haven't got that many clothes

NewYearNewMe18 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:49:07

What 'help' do you need to pack a suitcase and a sponge bag? I don't really understand, although it's possible I'm being very literal, if you are trying the children's clothes on them to make sure they fit and hyping them up about the holiday in the process what do you want/expect/need your DH to do in this scenario?

jaseyraex Sat 13-Jan-18 17:50:16

I like packing about a week before the holiday. DH will chuck his stuff in the night before. I am a hell of a lot more organised than he is so I don't even ask for his help tbh. He just kills the mood when he moans that it's too soon for planning. YANBU to be excited, leave him to be a party pooper! When we went to Disney world I was planning for the whole month before grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: