Talk

Advanced search

Teabags are worse?

(12 Posts)
scotsmumof1 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:08:20

AIBU to think that loose leaf tea is soo much better than teabag tea? I don't think I've ever had teabag tea that tastes anywhere as nice?

Battleax Sat 13-Jan-18 14:12:12

I don't know really.

I like the process of making loose leaf. I'm not sure that the taste difference is huge.

Some people value convenience more. Horses for courses, really.

Ginkypig Sat 13-Jan-18 14:24:43

It's like with anything else different people prefer different things.

One is not better than the other. Dp had tea leaves for a while but eventually went back to his preferred brand of tea bags. Then at some point in the future he will likely take a fancy to tea leaves again.

Natsku Sat 13-Jan-18 14:26:24

My dad always insists on loose-leaf tea and says that he can taste the difference but many times mum ran out of loose-leaf so just ripped open tea bags and put them in the pot and dad never noticed...

scotsmumof1 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:32:51

haha Natsku maybe it's the placebo effect then!

Natsku Sat 13-Jan-18 14:54:39

Quite possibly!

I know I can smell a clear difference in a freshly opened packet of loose leaf tea compared to a tea bag but once it's not so fresh that difference isn't so obvious to me any more.

Chrys2017 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:56:29

I'm told it's like night and day, but as I have for the past 40 years enjoyed tea bags very much I don't see the point in developing an expensive replacement habit that also requires a lot more work!

daisypond Sat 13-Jan-18 15:01:58

Aren't tea bags partially made of plastic? I know they're not fully biodegradable, so in that sense, they are worse, at least.

starfishmummy Sat 13-Jan-18 15:05:38

I agree daisy. For this reason I went back to loose tea.

Chrys2017 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:14:16

Didn't know about the plastic. Looks like I am going to have to switch after all. Damn!

LordSugarWillSeeYouNow Sat 13-Jan-18 15:15:29

You need to drink Yorkshire Tea, I wouldn't have anything else smile

BackforGood Sat 13-Jan-18 16:40:29

Don't think I know anyone who uses loose tea, or has used it since about 1973 ! Therefore I couldn't tell you about the taste, but I love a nice cuppa so am not looking for anything to replace my teabags, and I certainly wouldn't want to return to the faff of making tea from loose tea and ending up with a mouth full of tea leaves, whatever the taste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now