Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed with DH for letting us sleep?

(229 Posts)
IamAporcupine Sat 13-Jan-18 12:19:33

We got back from holidays on Monday. We were in a different time zone (6 hr behind) and it is proving difficult to get back to normal. DS(5) has really struggled to get up to go to school, and I have been very tired. It did not affect DH so much, as his sleep patterns are always all over the place.

I am not sure what time he woke up today, but he came to us (DS was sleeping in our bed) at some point and said: it's already 10am maybe you should get up otherwise jetlag will get worse.

I finally woke up at 11:45am shock

I just do not understand why he didn't try to wake us up?! He says he did and that I am ungrateful, and that it is not his responsibility!
I do not care about me, but if he knew it would mess up with DS sleep why didn't he do a bit more?!

DorisDangleberry Sat 13-Jan-18 12:21:24

So you had a big lie in, and it is your DH's fault? Is that right?

GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Sat 13-Jan-18 12:21:26

FFS take some responsibility. He tried to wale you up once. You have an alarm. Stop acting like a child

Emlou07 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:22:26

Lol, what?

Psychobabble123 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:22:56

Christ set an alarm and take some bloody responsibility for yourself it absolutely is not his job!!

Psychobabble123 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:23:13

Xpost Glitter, sorry!

10thingsIhateAboutTheDailyMail Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:06

Set an alarm yourself

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:09

Omg you are well unreasonable. I don't think you had enough sleep if you're this irrational.

swingofthings Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:13

You can't truly be upset, surely? He came to wake you up, you know it, you heard him, but you decided to remain in bed. He probably thought that if he started to shake you, you would then get very annoyed with him for doing so and not letting you sleep. If you were so desperate to wake early, why oh why didn't you set an alarm clock?

GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:16

@Psychobabble123
😂

elQuintoConyo Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:33

Hilarious! Are you always such an asshat princess?

Brokenbiscuit Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:34

But he did try to wake you up at 10am?confused

If you didn't want to sleep in, why didn't you set an alarm?

DancesWithOtters Sat 13-Jan-18 12:24:43

He woke you up at 10. Then you went back to sleep, you could have got up then.

Sounds like you needed it. But if you want to be up by a certain time set an alarm!

MarklahMarklah Sat 13-Jan-18 12:26:06

Sorry but YABU. He woke you once, and you went back to sleep. You should have set an alarm if you were that bothered about getting back on track with sleep.

HarrietKettleWasHere Sat 13-Jan-18 12:26:13

What?!

Poor bloke.

FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Sat 13-Jan-18 12:26:14

You are massively out of order he tried waking you at ten it's not his fault you didn't get up and went back to sleep ffs. Let your son stay up late tonight. Set your alarm and get up early tomorrow and then put him to bed at his normal time tomorrow.

PsychoPumpkin Sat 13-Jan-18 12:26:20

This is hilarious. He DID try to wake you but you ignored him and went back to sleep. What was he supposed to do, prod you until you got out of bed?

TheAntiBoop Sat 13-Jan-18 12:26:45

Why didn't he take responsibility for his ds though? All very well saying op should take responsibility for herself but I don't see why she has sole responsibility for trying to improve their child's jet lag

cricketqueen Sat 13-Jan-18 12:27:39

Does he get you up every morning? Do you not own an alarm clock? He tried to wake you up it didn't work, what did you want him to do?

DeStijl Sat 13-Jan-18 12:28:46

He did try to wake you up confused grow up!

AuntLydia Sat 13-Jan-18 12:29:07

But he tried to wake you at 10. You roused enough to note the time and what he said and then went back to sleep. You need to take some responsibility too.

TheAntiBoop Sat 13-Jan-18 12:29:48

Op has said it is her son she was annoyed about not herself

MadMags Sat 13-Jan-18 12:29:50

Is this a joke?

Brokenbiscuit Sat 13-Jan-18 12:29:55

Why didn't he take responsibility for his ds though? All very well saying op should take responsibility for herself but I don't see why she has sole responsibility for trying to improve their child's jet lag

Maybe he felt that the child needed to sleep.

maddiemookins16mum Sat 13-Jan-18 12:32:07

Imagine this...
'DS and I are jetlagged and really tired, so much so we simply couldn't wake up this morning and DH (who is fine) repeatedly prodded and nagged at us this morning until we awoke, it was only 10am too and we could both have really gone another two hours if left alone, was he bu?'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now