Talk

Advanced search

to be very pleased Sigrid has won Sound of 2018

(18 Posts)
k2p2k2tog Sat 13-Jan-18 09:59:20

Now I have to admit I'm not down with the kids in any way, shape or form.

But I have heard her Strangers single and it's very catchy. She's on BBC breakfast this morning looking gorgeous - in her jeans, jumper, no make-up, speaking articulatly and looking a lot younger than 21! Clever, funny, talented and a total contrast to the likes of LittleMix with their fake eyelashes, fake boobs, fake lips, polyfilla make-up, costumes which are more like underwear, and who struggle to construct a coherent opinion in English, never mind a foreign language.

Love her. She's fab. Well done Sigrid.

Samcro Sat 13-Jan-18 10:01:37

wow way to judge

k2p2k2tog Sat 13-Jan-18 10:04:14

I do judge - I want my daughter to aspire to be the best she can be, be articulate, informed, able to hold an intelligent conversation and follow her talents.

I do not want my daughter to grow up to think that fake everything is the way to go, and that a girl's goals in life be fake tits and a footballer boyfriend.

ParadiseCity Sat 13-Jan-18 10:04:59

She seems lovely. I had not heard of her but thought how good to have a smiling friendly clever woman winning this. DD likes music 'but not the sexy sort' and I am heartened to see such a good role model for her.

Mandraki Sat 13-Jan-18 10:07:51

I thought that too, she seems so down to earth. I judge too!

MyOtherProfile Sat 13-Jan-18 10:12:02

She sounded great in the interview I heard on the radio and her music was lovely.

corlan Sat 13-Jan-18 10:12:22

I just saw her on Tv too. What a total breath of fresh air!

Hoppinggreen Sat 13-Jan-18 10:27:58

Just YouTubed her
Really lovely voice and such a refreshing change from all the near naked fake everything image of certain pop groups/singers

NotACleverName Sat 13-Jan-18 10:54:18

Did you know it's possible to praise female artists without bringing others down?

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Sat 13-Jan-18 10:59:56

She's right though...little mix aren't exactly someone to aspire to are they? Their videos look like they are choreographed for Pervy dads.

NotACleverName Sat 13-Jan-18 11:04:00

I guess I'm just sick of reading the same shite about LM over and over again. FWIW I enjoyed the Spice Girls and Girls Aloud when I was younger, and I've somehow managed to grow up without fake tits and a footballer boyfriend.

k2p2k2tog Sat 13-Jan-18 11:12:41

Spice Girls were totally different - they were all about "girl power" and loyalty to your friends and they all had their different style.

Little Mix are the epitome of plastic fantastic. Don't have an opinion, don't be clever, just trowel on the make-up, fake eyelashes, go out in your bra and knickers and sleep with a footballer. So depressing.

Even more depressing is that their concerts are full of under 12s who think that's what it means to be a grown woman.

ParadiseCity Sat 13-Jan-18 11:16:59

I don't really have an opinion on little mix but I know DD feels different to her friends because she is a bit old fashioned/ not into all that music.ally type of pop stuff. Hence me being pleased to discover Sigrid. No disrespect to little mix just Hooray here is someone DD can identify with. And also DS will see that all women pop stars don't have to wear bra and knickers.

k2p2k2tog Sat 13-Jan-18 11:21:24

Indeed - and that women should be evaluated on their intellgence, talent and personality rather than what their arse looks like in satin hotpants.

Elendon Sat 13-Jan-18 11:22:29

Gosh, she reminds me of me when I was her age. (I even had those same jeans!).

A breath of fresh air indeed!

Elendon Sat 13-Jan-18 11:23:44

I thought Little Mix were drag queens!

LemonadeWithACherry Sat 13-Jan-18 11:29:12

Isn't she fantastic, I saw her on Breakfast today too. Norway should be proud for producing someone like her.

Oysterbabe Fri 26-Jan-18 19:28:40

Just watched her on the One show and I think she's wonderful. I would rather DD watch her than some of the other offerings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now