Talk

Advanced search

Why am I feeling fed up?...

(4 Posts)
WorkingMumOnTheGo Sat 13-Jan-18 00:14:48

This is probably a rant more than anything but I just feel a bit bored and fed up with life. I have a beautiful DS and a caring OH but I just feel like I need to let my hair down. I always invite my friend out to the pub for a meal or go shopping but either she is busy or I am. Then I get asked if I want to go out into town for some drinks and hit the clubs but I have to take care of my DS as my OH works nights so I cannot even do that. I should feel grateful and happy that I am living a simple life but it just passes by....

Everyday is the same old shit. I go work, come home, look after DS, he goes bed and I am in bed as well on my phone watching movies. Same routine again the next day and the next! I feel like an outsider when I am asked to go out but I just can't (alright for them because they have family to take care of their children - I don't have any that can!)

Sorry I am ranting... not really a AIBU thread but I feel guilty for being frustrated with everything. I just miss looking glamorous and getting excited to go out and just feel like I've actually had a decent quality night! sadblush

ThisLittleKitty Sat 13-Jan-18 00:26:28

Same. I'm still in my 20s and all my friends go clubbing but I sit at home every weekend with my kids as ex is absent and have no family support. Life's just the same thing day in day out my friends also all had there kids young (talking 16-18) so now have much older kids than me so never wanna do anything child related either as their kids are now teens and mine are young. So I'm on my own most the time.

Bubba1234 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:08:42

It’s tough guys iv been there. What I can tell you is it dsnt last forever. When the kids are older it’s great to be able to get out in the evenings & weekends with them. I always felt like I was missing out. The reality is the people heading out on the town week in week out are just as bored!
Working mum is there any chance you could join something eg a club or hobby group one evening a week & your oh can mind the kids? I find if it’s in a routine it would work out for you to be able to get out.
It is annoying guys confused life can get very monotonous! I was just doing the same working coming home slobbing about for months it wears ya down! I joined a few things in the evenings even though it’s tempting to be lazy after work.
Littlekitty that’s such a pity that your friends kids are older & you are stuck home it’s not fair. Try & see if there is anything on that you can meet other mums. I did loads during the day instead so I was knackered by the evening so I would sleep early so the weekends wouldn’t drag! Xxx this is temporary

CheapSausagesAndSpam Sat 13-Jan-18 09:19:58

Find a babysitter. If you don't know anyone, then use an agency! Do it! You;ll go nuts like this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: