Talk

Advanced search

Re-gifting January Birthday

(6 Posts)
Rach5l Fri 12-Jan-18 23:34:03

My birthday was earlier in the week & I've noticed it a bit before but this year I seem to have been given a lot of Christmas re-gifted items hmm

Groups of things obviously out of sets, a soap & glory mini body butter, a no 7 hand cream & a sample shower gel confused

A Christmassy scarf confused Etc etc
If you don't want it what makes you think I do??

Am I being really ungrateful or is this shit. If I had a July birthday people might actually have a think about what I'd like. Actually I might move it to July grin

ThisLittleKitty Fri 12-Jan-18 23:38:37

My mum gave me a used perfume for my birthday in October so not just January birthdays. I was rather surprised! (She's not struggling finacially either)

Rach5l Sat 13-Jan-18 09:59:19

Obviously that's thoughtless I'm just meaning specifically someone opening a Christmas present & immediately thinking that's rach's birthday present sorted hmm

LokiBear Sat 13-Jan-18 10:03:45

My dd2 has a January birthday and I'm getting a bit fed up.of being told that people will get her something in the Summer because 'there is no point just after Christmas'. Yanbu!

Emilybrontescorsett Sat 13-Jan-18 10:07:29

I think January birthdays are a red herring.
Regifting happens all the time.
One of the reasons when people ask I tell them dcs prefer cash so they can buy something they actually like.
My dcs are older but I make it clear none else can get their choice of clothes right, even me!

My mum is terrible for buying crap in the sales then giving it to me and my family. No matter how many times I tell her that I do not ever have a bath I only shower, plus I have a very small bathroom with no space to store crap. What did she buy me for Christmas?
Bloody bath stuff that I won't use!
Stop buying crap at half price from boots and honk about it . I'd rather have a bottle of radox shower gel than endless bath crystals as bath bombs.

Emilybrontescorsett Sat 13-Jan-18 10:09:43

Oh and thank goddess boots have apparently stopped doing Royal Jelly according to my mum.
Myself and dc don't like it but every year one of us gets a massive set of it from my mum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: