Talk

Advanced search

To think this isn't funny

(6 Posts)
Midge1978 Fri 12-Jan-18 16:20:59

www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/903451/The-Wright-Stuff-viewer-prank-calls-TWICE-blast-Sharon-Goodman-Matthew-Wright/amp

A prankster keeps hijacking The Wright Stuff live phone ins calling his ex a bitch. There have been lots of people joking about it on Twitter but aibu to think this is actually quite serious. There is a female victim of emotional abuse here who is getting regularly humiliated on live television by a deeply troubled man. Yet people make jokes about it. When is the abuse of women going to be taken seriously?

Rottweilers Fri 12-Jan-18 19:09:31

Yeah no it’s not funny at all

Freshprincess Fri 12-Jan-18 19:11:46

I agree, hardly a 'prank'.

Hygge Fri 12-Jan-18 19:16:42

If his ex is watching, I hope she reports him and this can be used as part of a harassment complaint she makes against him.

Idontdowindows Fri 12-Jan-18 19:21:24

It's not funny, not a prank and I don't believe they cannot stop this person from calling in. They're using it as a way to attract viewers.

Midge1978 Sat 13-Jan-18 07:21:55

I don't think they let him on deliberately but I must admit I recognised his voice so am surprised they didn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: