Talk

Advanced search

They put their BIN in my parking bay!!!

(81 Posts)
hungryhippo90 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:40:01

Ok so our area are a bit mad about parking bays,
The local residents committee have just instructed a parking warden to operate in the area because people going to town, the train station or hospital often park in our spaces.
Some of the neighbours are really het up about their parking spaces. I use my (1) bay and keep to it.
One neighbour has 2 spaces, the other side also have 2 spaces. Plus there’s a visitor bay.
So all in all, there’s an empty space each side of my car.
I got into my car this morning, one bins just in my bay. Doesn’t really affect me cos I can get around it.
I took DD to an early morning club, I come back and there’s another bin in my fucking bay, only now I can’t get in.

To be honest, I pulled up and put the bin in their bay.... whilst they watched out of the window. I don’t usuallh get so het up about this kind of stuff, but to be honest our neighbours are all a bit “funny”

Bins need to be hidden in the back garden until the morning they’re taken out, the neighbours told me off for using the visitors bay that we share (they wanted the 3rd permananently- their argument is they both drive and may want visitors (we both also drive! But only have one bay. So we gave up second car as to not cause problems by stealing visitor bay all the time!)

The other side have a tiny car which they often park between their 2 bays. It’s their bay so they can do as they like.

My point is just, to be so funny about their own spaces, then to use mine as a place for their bins has aggravated me.

I’m honestly starting to feel like I’m surrounded by arseholes.

MrTrebus Fri 12-Jan-18 08:42:58

If it's your space and you own it get a bollard. It won't stop the bin issue but it'll make the point. This is your personal space, where's your fighting spirit?? If you saw them watching why didn't you go and knock? These people are practised C.F. and need telling to nip it in the bud.

RunningOutOfCharge Fri 12-Jan-18 08:43:17

So did you ask them why they did that?

WickedGoodDoge Fri 12-Jan-18 08:47:14

Oh, I had similar years ago! That winter when we had all that snow for weeks and weeks on end- our bins weren’t collected for over a month but our next door neighbours insisted on leaving their bins in the middle of the road immediately opposite our drive instead of out side their house. They couldn’t put them on the path because the snow was too deep, so middle of the road it was. You could just about drive past them, but we couldn’t get out of our drive without moving them.

I asked the neighbour if she could not leave them there because they were blocking our drive and she went bat shit crazy at me saying, “we all have to cope, we all have to cope” and wildly waving her arms about. It was quite surreal! Clearly she wasn’t coping with the snow at all!

She never spoke to me again (moved away about 5 years later).

Some people are just bizarre. grin

hungryhippo90 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:48:58

I have a bit of a habit of over reacting. I wasn’t sure if knocking would be a bit over the top.... I wasn’t even sure if stopping the car and putting their bin back (in the middle) of their bay was over the top!

But I did it anyway. I thought if they had anything to say about it then they could knock my door.

Bollards sound great, but the residents committee would be beyond spitting feathers!

hungryhippo90 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:51:09

Wicked- she just couldn’t understand you couldn’t move out of your driveway because of their bins? That’s a level of deluded I hope to never find myself acquainted with!

Sorry you had to deal with that!

Fishface77 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:52:58

You got rid of a car so the situation with your neighbours wouldn’t escalate??? Fuck that.
I’d drag their buns down the road.

Fishface77 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:53:25

Their bins even.

SemolinaSilkpaws Fri 12-Jan-18 08:53:30

Row of penguin bollards in their space all looking towards their house.

YouTheCat Fri 12-Jan-18 08:53:59

I'd just keep putting it in their bay. Hopefully, they'll get the message. If they don't send them a bill for the 'rental' of your space. grin

ProfYaffle Fri 12-Jan-18 08:56:00

I've had similar too. Neighbours a few houses away kept putting their bins on my drive. We're in 2 terraces at right angles, my drive is on the end of one terrace, they are mid terrace in the other and had to drag their bins along the back of their row, down the side of my drive then back along the row to the front of their house on bin days. They decided it was easier for them to use my drive as a bin store instead hmm Then they started bringing their neighbour's bin as well!

I asked them to stop so I could park on my own drive and she flipped, proper fishwife screaming in the street, told me I was arrogant and should just park somewhere else. confused

ATeardropExplodes Fri 12-Jan-18 08:57:05

Is their bin reserving your space though? Isn't that good?

WizardOfToss Fri 12-Jan-18 09:01:00

Oh I can do better! I had someone move MY bin off MY drive once, because she wanted to turn round. That’s right, stopped the car, got out, and moved my (pleasingly enormously heavy) bin in order to trespass onto my drive.

Words were had grin

QueenOfAccidentalDeathStares Fri 12-Jan-18 09:05:57

any chance they think it is your bin?

Rudgie47 Fri 12-Jan-18 09:10:59

Wait until the middle of the night then tip the contents of the bin on their car and leave the bin next to it.

Shadow666 Fri 12-Jan-18 09:11:47

I suspect you are correct in your assessment that you are surrounded by arseholes.

hungryhippo90 Fri 12-Jan-18 09:13:28

No they must know it’s their bin, it’s got a sticker with their number on it.

I can’t believe the cheeky fuckery I’ve read on this thread so far!!

I love the idea of penguin bollards! I just couldn’t, I would be labelled crazy... and I can’t imagine the fallout It would create with the neighbourhood watch/ homeowners association etc etc..

hungryhippo90 Fri 12-Jan-18 09:16:41

Rudgie47- the bins wouldn’t (shouldn’t) be out at night. It’s supposedly in the contracts of homeowners- all bins MUST be kept in the back gardens until a time that the bins are being emptied... there are very strict rules forced upon those who live here.... except where you park your bin it seems.

We have a parking management company, maybe next time I should sent a picture of their bin to the parking company... the letter that would follow could be comedy gold lol.

redexpat Fri 12-Jan-18 09:17:19

Rudgie47 something tells me you've had to deal with this before...

Why would you care if they think you're crazy?

Shadow666 Fri 12-Jan-18 09:19:51

Is there a neighbor who has a bit of authority at the neighborhood committee who you could have an informal chat with?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 12-Jan-18 09:21:02

I’d knock the bin over with the car if it was a reoccuring situation.

Excitedforxmas Fri 12-Jan-18 09:21:06

I had a neighbour once who requested I keep my wheelie bin inside the house because they were unsightly!

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 12-Jan-18 09:23:28

This is the sort of thing that planners never take into consideration, isn't it.

HOwever, OP, you have failed dismally in your duty to provide a decently annotated and coloured diagram, so YABU for that.
wink

YANBU to be pissed off that they've parked their bins in your space though. Just move the bins to their space, preferably with your car!

alotalotalot Fri 12-Jan-18 09:23:51

I could understand them being pissed off if you used the visitors bay with your 2nd car all the time, never leaving it available for their guests, but are you saying they never want anyone else to park in it?

thetemptationofchocolate Fri 12-Jan-18 09:27:31

OP, please contact the parking warden and ask him or her to put a parking charge on their bins. That would be most entertaining smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: