Talk

Advanced search

You've been framed

(26 Posts)
U2HasTheEdge Thu 11-Jan-18 21:05:04

It's just complete and utter crap, isn't it?

Does anyone find it funny?

ThisLittleKitty Thu 11-Jan-18 21:09:10

Nope.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Thu 11-Jan-18 21:10:50

God, haven't watched it since I was a teen, how is it even still going? I used to be desperate to submit something as they paid £250, which was a fortune for a 13yo. Years later it was on in the background one day, and I was on it! Some random stranger had filmed me and sent it in.

U2HasTheEdge Thu 11-Jan-18 21:11:21

DH just had it on and he actually laughed.

RecalibratedMilkshake Thu 11-Jan-18 21:11:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

U2HasTheEdge Thu 11-Jan-18 21:13:11

Mind you, he only laughed at the videos of animals.

I was shocked that he managed to laugh at any of it.

ClashCityRocker Thu 11-Jan-18 21:13:18

The thing I find odd is despite the prevalence of mobile phones, the majority of clips seem to be from 1980's USA....

ThisLittleKitty Thu 11-Jan-18 21:15:18

It's not actually a new show is it? So I don't think it really is still going just looks like repeats because all the videos on there are very old looking (some even have the date on and none are recent)

ChasedByBees Thu 11-Jan-18 21:17:13

Jesus, that must have been so weird! Why were you doing that was film worthy? (If it’s not too outing)

Maudlinmaud Thu 11-Jan-18 21:21:07

Nobody finds it funny do they?
I recall a clip from years ago that had lots of people jumping on a stage and then they all disappeared out of shot, because the stage collapsed. That made me laugh quite a lot. But mostly I just wince and hope the person is OK. It's mainly accidents really.

PinkChestnut Thu 11-Jan-18 21:24:12

I loved it as a kid. Saw few minutes of it a year ago and just winced it's mostly accidents! Plus no jeremy beadle anymore

ThePinkOcelot Thu 11-Jan-18 21:43:47

DH sometimes watches it. I can’t bear it. Have you seen the dates on the clips?! Most of the kids will be grown up with kids of their own!!
Plus, I think the majority are set up. Why on earth would you be videoing some of the things that are on. Crap.
Ahh and plus, I hate Harry Hill! He is so not funny!!

Iseesheep Thu 11-Jan-18 21:46:33

I put it on for the dog. She loves it.

DozyDoates Thu 11-Jan-18 21:47:00

For some reason when I was pregnant with DS I found it the funniest show ever, like tears streaming down my face funny.

TheQueenOfWands Thu 11-Jan-18 21:48:00

Watching people injure themselves is never funny.

If you're into that kind of stuff watch Final Destination.

PollyMycroft Thu 11-Jan-18 21:50:00

The DCs liked it when they were little (they called it 'People Falling Over'. grin Now we like Takeshi's Castle.

NorbertTheDragon Thu 11-Jan-18 21:52:35

I like funny animal clips, most of the human stuff is very set up.

Also my DS has ASD and once when he saw a lady fall over he laughed out loud, and shouted "Like You've Been Framed" because obviously we'd been laughing at clips of people falling over and he didn't have the social skills to understand it's not the done thing when it happens in real life. blush

Missonihoni Thu 11-Jan-18 21:55:13

Bet the partner of the mnetter who's daughter fell of a horse and couldn't stop laughing loves this show. Sadistic weirdo grin

brizzledrizzle Thu 11-Jan-18 21:56:47

It's awful, they should have stopped it ages ago but I'm a misery guts

LemonysSnicket Thu 11-Jan-18 22:38:53

I found it funny in the 90s ...

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sat 13-Jan-18 09:23:41

Chased I was in a go-cart race earlier and the other kid crashed. I had a video of it myself as it happens (big local annual event) but it didn't occur to me to send it in!

HelloGabriel Sat 13-Jan-18 10:50:40

It's difficult to enjoy as an adult as so many of them had obviously been 'set up' for the money.

Why would you film someone walking into a PVC door, for example? Nobody is that intuitive wink

fairgame84 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:56:16

DS loves it. I would probably tolerate it if it wasn't was Harry Hills commentary. He's awful and never been funny.

etap Sat 13-Jan-18 10:59:40

Amazed it's still going (is it?).

Kids falling over is always amusing though, hehehe.

Sokuto Sat 13-Jan-18 11:17:18

Can't stand it. So boring, nothing funny about it. It's the same as watching a friend's home videos, completely boring. Plus it's obvious that half of them are set up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: