Talk

Advanced search

To think you probably can't get pregnant this way

(430 Posts)
GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Tue 09-Jan-18 18:25:39

Hi all, very long time lurker, first time poster because something is really playing on my mind.

Normally very very careful with contraception, but I'm worried because of what happened a week ago.

Me and DP were messing around and the long and short of it is he "pleasured me digitally" (snort) with "spermy fingers". God sorry for the TMI.

I checked the app i use to track my period and that was apparently in my fertile window.

Can you put my mind at rest - its unlikely for that to cause pregnancy, right? But how unlikely? Like super unlikely or just unlikely?

Cornettoninja Tue 09-Jan-18 18:26:25

I'd say super unlikely but not impossible.

Soubriquet Tue 09-Jan-18 18:27:25

Incredibly super unlikely...but not impossible

Impossible is only possible if no sperm is involved.

Christmascardqueen Tue 09-Jan-18 18:27:44

Yes you possibly can, what birth control are you on?

SnowannaRainbow Tue 09-Jan-18 18:27:53

If he ejaculated on his fingers and then put them inside your vagina and you used no form of contraception in your fertile window then yes I'd say pregnancy was a distinct possibility.

DriggleDraggle Tue 09-Jan-18 18:28:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anymajordude Tue 09-Jan-18 18:28:47

It's possible if you're very fertile people but unlikely. Not a chance in hell if it were me.

TammySwansonTwo Tue 09-Jan-18 18:29:02

It's very possible - in fact I knew a woman who conceived this way, on purpose (not secretly or anything!), due to functional problems on her DH's part. I also remember a story about a teenager who conceived this way, but whether it was an urban legend I don't know (it is feasible though!)

Depends how much sperm i guess. If it were me I'd have taken the MAP but I'm terrified of having more twins 😂

GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Tue 09-Jan-18 18:29:57

OK so quite a few mixed replies here, ranging from super incredibly unlikely which I appreciated @Soubriquet to distincr possibility! :-S

I normally use condoms @Christmascardqueen and have taken the MAP twice in my life when they've broken.

Pengggwn Tue 09-Jan-18 18:30:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BestZebbie Tue 09-Jan-18 18:30:13

Teen magazines in the 1990s used to be quite firm about this being a thing that can cause pregnancy.

Whether that means there is a serious risk or a very minor risk is less clear.

RavingRoo Tue 09-Jan-18 18:30:18

Yes, likely.

GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Tue 09-Jan-18 18:33:00

@TammySwansonTwo
Without wanting to gross anyone out, it was proper globs on his fingers (so not like he'd wiped his hands or anything) however he didnt put them "very far up".

I didn't really pay it too much thought because it seemed so very unlikely for me to worry about. Plus on the 2 occasions I've taken the MAP it's been awful for me, intense bleeding and hormone fuckery. It's just that I've had a lot of discharge the past day or two (sorry for TMI again), healthy discharge but nonetheless more than usual, so it got me feeling a bit worried.

greengorilla Tue 09-Jan-18 18:33:31

I've always thought because of the dates that my eldest was conceived this way but have never been sure as there was we had actuall sex a few days before but my midwife did say it was a possibility. I depends how fertile you are I guess, the chances of it resulting in pregnancy is a lot lower but there is still a chance.

LuluJakey1 Tue 09-Jan-18 18:35:50

Definitely said yes in the teenage magazines I used to read.

idontlikealdi Tue 09-Jan-18 18:37:21

Definitely possible.

newtlover Tue 09-Jan-18 18:38:32

'not very far up' won't help much, those fuckers are determined

PotteringAlong Tue 09-Jan-18 18:39:11

Definitely possible.

GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Tue 09-Jan-18 18:40:54

@newtlover
They may be determined but I thought there was a head fuck maze for them to navigate hence why people actually spend a lot of time getting down with it before they manage to conceive!

GlitterUnicornsAndAllThatJazz Tue 09-Jan-18 18:43:26

@greengorilla
Well I guess there's nothing for it but to wait and see. I'm in my 30s so possibly less fertile than the teen mag crew (clutching at straws).

WhataLovelyPear Tue 09-Jan-18 18:44:22

It probably does depend partly on how fertile you are normally, but I'd still say it's possible.

eurochick Tue 09-Jan-18 18:47:26

A friend had her surprise third this way.

Hastalapasta Tue 09-Jan-18 18:50:03

Yup. The bastards can survive for 36 hours too, swimming ever upwards..... good luck.

Hastalapasta Tue 09-Jan-18 18:51:08

Sorry, that should read ‘up to 5 days’ !

treeofhearts Tue 09-Jan-18 18:51:39

I think it depends on how er, energetic the sperm are. It's definitely possible but probably less likely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: