Talk

Advanced search

CBB India

(376 Posts)
Boyslikepinkgirlslikeblue Fri 05-Jan-18 22:21:48

As a biological female I have experienced:
A c section
Pre eclampsia (nearly died)
Single motherhood, currently 90% of all single parents are female, the 10% of men are considered progressive and put on pedestals
Sexual assault, a few times and one horrific incident
I have HPV and have had a lot of smears, and 3 lots of my cervix chopped off, all "pre cancerous cells" have another one next month wish me luck
I've been a victim of domestic violence (strangled me until I was unconscious and broke three of my toes) he was charged with criminal damage, like that's unusual? I'm 32
I have had a period every single month since I was 11 years old

My Aibu is this. Am I being fucking unreasonable to think that India willoughby from CBB is taking this piss out of what being a biological female means, because she somehow in her brain thinks she is an actual woman? How? I don't wake up I the morning and think "ooh I feel so womanly, I need lipstick a dress and eye liner"
I wake up and get on with life, regardless if I have a period or not, because that's who I am, not because who I believe I am.
I understand people who can't cope with gender stereotypes, but reducing being a woman to looking pretty and clothing boils my blood

sashimiyummies Fri 05-Jan-18 22:26:23

Yep. I totally agree with you.

Eltonjohnssyrup Fri 05-Jan-18 22:29:24

In her intro video she talked about being a woman and said something like 'I get doors held open for me and chairs pulled out as a woman. What's not to like?'

And I did think 'You are taking the piss'.

Newtothismumthing1 Fri 05-Jan-18 22:31:05

YEp boils my blood too- people like India slam the gender stereotypes yet the first thing they want to do after “becoming” female is throw on a dress and grow long hair. If I wake up one morning and don’t put on make up I’m not suddenly a bloke.
The problem is society cannot handle a grey area, they like things black or white. Fair enough you aren’t “male” but I don’t think you are or ever will be “female”- you are a “trans female”- why can’t they take that title and run with it rather than be so desperate to tell everyone (including women) what a woman is!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 05-Jan-18 22:32:17

She has somewhat hypocritical views about gender fluidity, which I can't say I disagree with entirely, but seem unusual when you hold them against her insistence that she is a woman. I felt sorry for Amanda Barrie earlier, she made a mistake and while I can empathise with India feeling insulted, she wasn't gracious when Amanda tried to apologise.

Putyourdamnshoeson Fri 05-Jan-18 22:33:45

I hear you. Wasnt getting enough attention as an average, middle aged, gay man.
India caused me to Peak trans a year ago re leg shaving Dorchester Hotel story. No concept of the last 40 years of feminism at all.

IrkThePurist Fri 05-Jan-18 22:34:18

Yanbu. I wont be watching it. This and the Vogue cover with Paris Lees shows how much contempt many people have for women.

SlowlyShrinking Fri 05-Jan-18 22:35:06

Yanbu. India can dress how they like and do lovely makeup but this can’t make a born male a woman, and it’s insulting to say it can, imo.

Backingvocals Fri 05-Jan-18 22:35:28

Narcissistic man appropriates someone else’s history and identity and it’s all just ever so brave angry.

Putyourdamnshoeson Fri 05-Jan-18 22:35:35

Amanda dudnt make a mistake. She doesnt brlieve that hes a woman. Sge cabt admit it properlt or she'd be savaged. But you can't remember your act 24/7.
It's gaslighting.

gingerbreadmam Fri 05-Jan-18 22:35:41

She just seems a massive attention seeker to me. Sat blow drying her hair topless is something j would never do in a room full of friends I just wouldn't feel the need.

She is driving me mad tbh.

Funnily enough though I think Caitlyn Jenner sometimes behaves in similar ways. I watched keeping up with the Kardashian and always liked Bruce but when he became Caitlyn he seems to have a complete personality transplant i found it odd.

Christinayangstwistedsista Fri 05-Jan-18 22:37:17

I'm disgusted that channel 5 have included India in year of the woman

Boyslikepinkgirlslikeblue Fri 05-Jan-18 22:37:46

If you look at the intro it has the xx chromosomes flitting about...I'd bet all of my next crap wage that Indias are xy

Christinayangstwistedsista Fri 05-Jan-18 22:39:34

India certainly hasn't lost her male privilege

Dancetothebeat32 Fri 05-Jan-18 22:39:44

YANBU India is a birth hole.........not much more to add really other than SHE gives transgender a bad name

Eltonjohnssyrup Fri 05-Jan-18 22:40:48

dance grin

Putyourdamnshoeson Fri 05-Jan-18 22:42:53

dance India, Paris, Lily, Shin.. there's a pattern.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 05-Jan-18 22:44:08

putyour i didn't mean that the misgendering itself was a mistake. I meant speaking it out loud was the mistake. It wasn't malicious, which India seems to think it was. I agree with you that Amanda (and probably most of the other women, particularly those of a certain age) will think of India as Jonathan.

Putyourdamnshoeson Fri 05-Jan-18 22:46:06

andnonefor yes. I think if most people, of any age were really honest with themselves...

Motherofdaughters Fri 05-Jan-18 22:47:36

Totally agree. How can a biological man feel like a woman? What does " woman " feel like? I'm pretty sure I'm one, I've birthed 3 children and menstruated for almost twenty years but I couldn't really sum it up to be honest confused

Boyslikepinkgirlslikeblue Fri 05-Jan-18 22:48:30

To me Bruce Jenner enjoyed the attention of being the famous one, "I have an Olympic medal" when the kardashians became famous mainly because of female sexuality, he thought "fuck it, I'm going to do it better than you, I'm the important one and you best remember that" he's a joke

gingerbreadmam Fri 05-Jan-18 22:49:25

I think Ann hit the nail on the head when she said it's because that's all they've talked about - India transitioning. I didn't know of India before she entered the house so to me she has always been female so to speak however even I keep referring to her as him.

India likes all the girly things and it seems a bit of a game like dress up whereas things like doing your hair and make up tend to be things you have to do not things you take pleasure in. Yesterday when the girls were exercising she said something about how you would never catch her exercising as she would rather spend time doing her hair or something along those lines.

fishybits Fri 05-Jan-18 22:50:19

India certainly hasn't lost her male privilege

Nothing else to be said.

FrancisUnderwood Fri 05-Jan-18 22:55:24

I agree with pp's on many points.

I think a lot of the other housemates are going to have serious problems with India, not because of his/her gender, but simply because she's a massive dickhead.

India will absolutely scream that it's due to her gender though.

Mooncuplanding Fri 05-Jan-18 22:57:14

IW makes my piss boil too

The irony being that India thinks it's all about looking like a woman but still looks like a man

What do these people want us to do? Deny what's there right in front of you?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now