Talk

Advanced search

To be really cheeky and ask how much your new kitchen cost?

(106 Posts)
foodfrax Mon 01-Jan-18 20:14:20

I know this is very un-British but hopefully some people will be willing to share under the cloak of anonymity!

I’m toying with the idea of a new kitchen but struggling to get a basic idea of what a kitchen costs nowadays. I’ve tried the online quote things but I’m not sure how reliable they are. Plus when I did them for a bathroom is was wildly different to what we actually ended up paying!

If anyone wants to shake a photo I’d be very grateful. I’m wanting a traditional country style.

Thanks - and if no one replies I won’t be offended grin

BlitheringIdiots Sat 18-May-19 08:54:11

I second Dream Doors. Used them for new doors and end panels and they wrap the frames at the front in the same colour. All done for £4.5k

Sidalee7 Sat 18-May-19 08:59:42

4.5k on kitchen
2100 to fit underfloor heating (electric) and floor
500 on decorating
300 plastering

Blahblahgetout Sat 18-May-19 09:24:52

We also did kitchen renovation including moving stuff around such as dishwashers/ washing machines and fitting new cupboards and slidey drawers inside them. It cost just over 7K all in (including appliances) and a new oak work top plus several other little bits such as plate racks/ Belfast sink etc. I’m over the moon with it as the kitchen was structurally sound but just a bit hideous! The tiling cost £400 and the flooring was completed throughout the downstairs so I’m not sure what just the kitchen cost.

rena79 Wed 13-May-20 01:32:08

Hi, smile

My was made to measure form the local bespoke furniture manufactured. Extra tall wall units and all adapted to the size of the room. L shape with big boiler housing and a small island.
£8500 including installation.
I could not paste the photos so if anybody curious of the final effect, pictures under this link: my kitchen

Nsky Wed 13-May-20 02:17:22

Mine was £4,000 including some plumbing adjusted, tiny kitchen, friend did it, included plastering, re design, homebase units, looks fsv tho.
Included new hob, oven, and dishwasher

ilovesooty Wed 13-May-20 02:52:02

7k including new floor, oven, hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. I went on holiday for 12 days and it was finished when I got back! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »