Talk

Advanced search

To ask you for a good mattress recommendation that won't cost the earth!

(14 Posts)
Anxiousally Sat 30-Dec-17 17:03:10

Budget is hopefully under 550 for a double
Does anyone have the otty or simba? Any other good recommendations would be appreciated.
We're well overdue a new mattress and being 18 weeks pregnant therrs no time like the present! smile

HoneyBadgerApparently Sat 30-Dec-17 17:22:32

Probably TMI but we bought a new mattress just before our 1st and my waters went on it blush . Then months of lochia leaks, boob leaks, baby sick and the odd wee i wish we hadnt bothered.

MrTrebus Sat 30-Dec-17 17:24:14

Don't buy a mattress when you're pregnant!!! Your body changes so much and you'll feel differently to post baby,get one post baby. Laying on one now it'll feel differently post baby promise! And then you might not like it and stuck with it.

MrTrebus Sat 30-Dec-17 17:24:44

I said post baby too many times. Probably should have said post partum anyway but you get the drift!

Fairylea Sat 30-Dec-17 17:29:35

Honestly if you can possibly wait till the baby is here you might be pleased you did! (Vomit, poop, waters maybe, milk leaks etc)!

Saying that we have a mattress from
Warren Evans and we love it. They’re quite expensive (we have the Joy one) but they do have a fair few sales.

Assburgers Sat 30-Dec-17 17:29:48

We have a Casper & love it. The top part is a removable cover (it zips all the way round) so could handle a bit of boob leakage I think, but probably not full waters breaking (that’s where my waters broke... actually I think that’s why we bought a new mattress)

The thing I love about it is it’s really stable. DH, who could also be known as Captain Kicky hmm can roll around all night if he wants to & I don’t notice the bed moving & don’t feel like killing him in the morning.

And just the other day, I put a cup of tea down on the bed, DC jumped on the other side & it didn’t even spill. Amazing.

kaytee87 Sat 30-Dec-17 17:34:13

Yep defo don't get a new mattress til after the baby comes. Get a memory foam topper just now to make it more comfy.

Monoblock67 Sat 30-Dec-17 17:35:14

Way down on the lower end of your budget but Ikea mattress’s are amazing and don’t cost the earth. I can’t imagine wanting to change ours till it runs out of life.

carbuckety Sat 30-Dec-17 17:35:36

Warren Evans, wait for a sale ( frequent). And wait until afte you have given birth

MamaDuckling Sat 30-Dec-17 17:35:53

Do it after baby, definitely!!

And second Warren Evans. We've never paid full price for one - they are marvelous!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 30-Dec-17 17:44:35

We bought a new mattress when I was pregnant, ironically 7yrs later we really need to replace that mattress, and I’m pregnant grin

Lots of people have mentioned waters and other leakage. Simple solution - waterproof sheet. That’s what I did when I hit around 36wks last time. Good job too as that’s where my waters broke!

So I have no advice on a mattress as we’re in the same boat. I’m just here for recommendations grin

footballmum Sat 30-Dec-17 17:55:06

We’ve been really pleased with our IKEA mattress. Both me and DH suffer with our backs so we were looking for something really firm and it’s been fab!! I think it cost £375 for a King Size. At that price even if it only lasts for the 3 or 4 years during the messy sicky period of a new born it won’t owe you anything!!

Anxiousally Sat 30-Dec-17 18:06:07

Haha. Did not think of all that! Maybe a topper is a better idea grin

lilyc9234 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:23:09

The Casper and Simba are good, but Casper is a bit cheaper in price than Simba. They both have 100 day free trial and you can return it if you don't think it's good! I have a £50 off for Casper: casper.co.uk/friends/lilychan9234 if you are interested, and £50 off for Simba too: fbuy.me/hBWRx

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now