Talk

Advanced search

HELP POO STUCK

(31 Posts)
Need9HoursSleep Sun 17-Dec-17 06:42:55

sorry for posting here but don't know what to do. 2 year old is has poo stuck and is hurting him. I can see it sticking out and it is hurting him he can't sit down but I can't get it out

Bunchofdaffodils Sun 17-Dec-17 06:43:56

Warm bath?

Smarshian Sun 17-Dec-17 06:44:58

Press on his stomach, moving your hand slowly downwards a couple of times.

minniemummy0 Sun 17-Dec-17 06:44:59

Vaseline round/in his bum hole.

SilenceIsBroken Sun 17-Dec-17 06:45:50

I know it's gross, but if you can smear some coconut oil around the general area that can help.

Splinterz Sun 17-Dec-17 06:46:52

it will come out when its ready

Allthetuppences Sun 17-Dec-17 06:47:44

Cycle legs, rub tummy. Encorage child to squat down. Repeat. And plenty of fluids all day in case there's more.

Poshindevon Sun 17-Dec-17 06:49:02

Boil some water and dissolve in 4 oz of brown or white sugar. Cool the water give it to your little one to drink. It acts like lactulose.

SpikeGilesSandwich Sun 17-Dec-17 06:49:17

Maybe try sitting him on the potty or over the toilet seat holding his hands and doing lots of stories and silly songs to relax and distract him? If he's getting stressed it won't be helping.

Need9HoursSleep Sun 17-Dec-17 06:50:02

Trying to put vasaline he is losing plot and running away he can't sit down so I think he won't go in to bath

LillyBugg Sun 17-Dec-17 06:55:16

Is he able to blow bubbles? I’m sure I read it on here that the blowing out action forces the tummy to push down. It works with my DS but he is a little older and mainly works when he’s sat on a potty or toilet.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 17-Dec-17 07:04:28

Sit him in the bath, it helps.

SilenceIsBroken Sun 17-Dec-17 07:13:31

"Boil some water and dissolve in 4 oz of brown or white sugar. Cool the water give it to your little one to drink. It acts like lactulose."

I'm not sure this is right? Lactulose isn't digested by the body, while sugar (glucose) is. So I don't think taking sugar will help.

Rudgie47 Sun 17-Dec-17 07:22:51

When the shops open run out and get a tin or prunes and blend some into a milk shake,if he wont just eat them.
Prunes are the most effective treatment of constipation, more than stuff you can get from the Drs.

Rudgie47 Sun 17-Dec-17 07:23:24

Tin of prunes, that should be.

Need9HoursSleep Sun 17-Dec-17 07:27:29

Thanks everyone. I put him in the bath and he eventually sat down in it and went after about 15 mins! I'll make sure he drinks loads of water and ill up his fruit and veg

soupmaker Sun 17-Dec-17 07:30:47

The best advice you've had OP is blowing bubbles or if he's able a balloon. Is he potty trained? Even just sitting on the potty might help.

Fresh orange juice is worth a try too as it might get things moving behind the blockage and give it a shove.

Prunes didn't work IME. And we needed medication for our DD1 so don't rule out going to see your GP if this is a common occurrence. Chronic constipation needs medical intervention.

youarenotkiddingme Sun 17-Dec-17 07:31:49

Do you have a gym ball? Rolling over that on stomach helps.

Blowing bubbles relaxes sphincter muscles.

Cycle legs.

soupmaker Sun 17-Dec-17 07:32:17

Ps, good idea to up his fluids in particular.

Poshindevon Sun 17-Dec-17 07:38:10

silence is broke brown sugar water is an old remedy that can even be given to babies for constipation.I did not make it up off the top if my head.
Have a Google and see for yourself
Some of the old remedies are quite effective

spatchcock Sun 17-Dec-17 08:25:02

Our GP told me the sugar in water thing is an old wives tale - but it works because it makes the water taste sweet, which makes the baby drink more, which helps things work.

5amisnotmorning Sun 17-Dec-17 08:31:59

Cycle legs and lots of liquid for next time!

Teenagerwoes Sun 17-Dec-17 08:32:37

Google toddler reflexology for constipation, it helped my 3 year old.
Up liquid intake and maybe buy some of those Ella’s Kitchen prune pouches.

confusedlittleone Sun 17-Dec-17 08:53:44

I know this is an Australian link- but it does show the idea of brown sugar and water http://www.health.vic.gov.au/edfactsheets/downloads/constipation-in-children.pdf

ShakeShakeTheMuffin Sun 17-Dec-17 09:01:38

I've agree with silence. Lactose isn't digested. It works by passing into the gut causing the contents of the gut to be high in sugar which then leads to water from the body being drawn into the gut by osmosis.
Normal sugar wouldn't work in the same way, it's just a good way of getting more liquid into the child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now