Talk

Advanced search

Panicking or making sense?

(2 Posts)
Hopeful2102 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:24:24

spoke to my doctor on Friday and told him I suspected I had ashermans. He told me it was completely normal after a miscarriage and to wait 6 months but to have swabs done for an infection in the meantime with the nurse. I have a few problems with this however I couldn't communicate them to him as I could feel myself getting upset and rushed off the phone. My problems are

1. I feel like yet again I'm not being listened to. Prior to my miscarriage i spoke to 3 different healthcare professionals all who gave me different answers when I told them my concerns & made me feel as though i was panicking over nothing. Although the miscarriage couldn't have been prevented, i felt majorly let down.

2. Given that this would be my 3rd D&C i know how my body recovers from it. With the previous two my periods returned with no problem.

3. All my normal signs i would get prior to my period have disappeared.

4. I feel like I'm quite in tune with my body, it's telling me something is not right.

5. As a doctor i would think that considering I've had 2 D&C's already and then a miscarriage. You would consider that yes I could possibly have ashermans and that it could also have been the reason for my miscarriage.

Do I wait the 6 months? Demand a HSG? Ask for a second opinion?
My fear is waiting the 6 months to possibly become infertile when i know something could have been done sooner.

Am i being unreasonable?

Hopeful2102 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:41:43

Sorry, i haven't written this correctly. The doctor said it was normal for my period not to be back

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: