Idreamofalandrover Sat 16-Dec-17 22:25:11

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EA0Q6

Biggest swing towards remain now people are smelling the coffee

Idreamofalandrover Sat 16-Dec-17 22:25:18

www.google.co.uk/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EA0Q6

Iamcheeseman Sat 16-Dec-17 22:25:57

Never going to happen

TheQueenOfWands Sat 16-Dec-17 22:28:22

I'm not voting again, I'm done with that malarkey.

honeysucklejasmine Sat 16-Dec-17 22:28:24

Would be sensible to have a referendum on the final deal, but I don't think that'll happen. After all, every decision ever made is completely final, and to think that circumstances can lead to choices changing is to defy the "will of the people?!1!!1!!!" 🙄

Figgygal Sat 16-Dec-17 22:29:19

It's not going to happen!!
Get over it we are stuck with it come what may

HamishsMomma Sat 16-Dec-17 22:32:25

It was a democratic vote! You may not like it but that is the joy of democracy. Just keep calm and carry on - cos what else can we do.

Dogsmom Sat 16-Dec-17 22:37:08

It's only 51% of 1400 people who read the Independent website, hardly representative of the country.

Biber Sat 16-Dec-17 22:41:04

People's opinions certainly are changing as more facts come to light. Democracy is an ongoing process and we are allowed to change our minds. In 2012 David Davis famously said “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”.

Please sign this petition requesting that Parliament's vote on the Brexit deal must include an option to remain in the EU.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/205169

Longdistance Sat 16-Dec-17 22:41:12

Don’t be so bloody ridiculous!

It was a democratic vote.

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 16-Dec-17 22:43:18

At the time of the original election, the polls were suggesting Remain would win. They didn't. These kind of claims are meaningless.

steppemum Sat 16-Dec-17 22:46:57

well, that is the result of a poll.

Every single poll in the run up to the referedum was wrong. This poll is juts as likely to be wrong.

I am a remainer, and hate what I am seeing. BUT the one thing I am struck by is that on every single talk show, question time, etc etc, the audience are still passionately pro Brexit. I don't understand it, but I recognise that I am in the minority.

AlexaAmbidextra Sat 16-Dec-17 22:48:35

Well, nobody has asked me.

Moussemoose Sat 16-Dec-17 22:48:48

Please, please stop with the "it was a democratic vote" argument.

This has been explained soooooooo many times. Have you not read any Brexit threads?

The referendum was advisory. Parliament is sovereign. That is how our democracy works. Ffs

Luckymummy22 Sat 16-Dec-17 23:04:17

No thanks! I think we’ve made a massive fuck up but it’s what was voted for.
Going back now would be even worse.

And I have to agree with a PP - I think many people are even more pro Brexit and many remainders may have shifted camps.

I find myself more & more disillusioned with the EU. If vote were to happen again I would still vote Remain - but we need to move forward now

Corcory Sat 16-Dec-17 23:27:29

Since we don't know what the actual outcome is how can anyone take the results of a very small opinion poll in one particular newspaper as a true reflection of what the public think and will think. We will have a better idea of what the outcome will be when negotiations have finalized.

DontLookBackIntoTheSun Sat 16-Dec-17 23:31:36

We know the outcome already: economic disaster is looming

sausagerollsrock Sat 16-Dec-17 23:41:52

Yabu for harping on about brexit.

VladmirsPoutine Sat 16-Dec-17 23:47:57

Yabu for harping on about brexit.

This. Yabu for giving a damn about the biggest issue facing this country and its citizens that will have far and wide reaching consequences for generations to come. Why on earth aren't you starting threads about parking or a MiL that fed child instead? Especially so when you've clearly titled your thread and its contents. Yup, you are being unreasonable for giving a damn about a very important issue.

notangelinajolie Sat 16-Dec-17 23:52:48

Rubbish. Poles said remain would win first time round and look what happened then. Watch last week's Question Time to see what people not in the London bubble (ie most of the country) think about Brexit.

puffyisgood Sun 17-Dec-17 00:00:45

I dunno. I don't even know much about polling... I suppose if a series of polls that are statistically robust & directly comparable in all regards had been showing a steady move away from pro-brexit to pro-remain then that must mean something important. But I'm not sure if that's the case here?

I could easily see why pro remain sentiment might be increasing. At the time of the referendum I suppose I thought that Brexit would mean we'd become something like Norway, relatively little change, I suppose 'liberate'' ourselves from the shackles of a few relatively unimportant banana-straightness type rules, get a new PM [probably Boris], stay in the single market [as was, to the very limited extent that even the most important details such as this were being discussed at the time, promised], keep paying our subs [albeit for a smaller say], almost certainly keep freedom of movement.

This idea that there can be a real possibility of cutting ourselves off entirely, just voluntarily damaging the economy so badly, was to me at least new & shocking and would, if widely known at the time, surely have knocked at least something off the support that Brexit had at the time.

Grrrrrsnarl Sun 17-Dec-17 00:16:15

Really....A poll of 1400 people?

Yeah that's really accurate.
Try asking 35 million for a better result

HermionesRightHook Sun 17-Dec-17 00:22:10

It wasn't a democratic vote, though, was it. For one thing it was an advisory referendum not a binding one. And for another, one side was outright lying about what would happen. That's not democracy.

UnicornRainbowColours Sun 17-Dec-17 00:23:50

I would vote to leave all over again

SilverySurfer Sun 17-Dec-17 00:24:36

Pathetic and no there will not be another vote.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: