Talk

Advanced search

To cancel going out again last minute

(81 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:21:51

Missed last 3 nights out as Dh or dd was ill. Supposed to be going out tonight but ds who had a cough yest, is now snotty and has fever could leave him with Dh but worried as ds has history of bronchitis.
I've missed all my Xmas nights out this year hope my friends understand if I cancel again!

Ifailed Fri 15-Dec-17 12:23:16

if he has a history of bronchitis, can't his father deal with it?

toomuchfaster Fri 15-Dec-17 12:24:34

I think you should read some of the threads on here about being let down at the last minute, then leave him with DH and go.

ButchyRestingFace Fri 15-Dec-17 12:24:34

could leave him with Dh but worried as ds has history of bronchitis.

Is your husband better now? Are you worried son will have to go to hospital and therefore both parents at home would be better?

MojoMoon Fri 15-Dec-17 12:24:44

Why can't his father take care of him? Assuming your husband is not also I'll?

curryforbreakfast Fri 15-Dec-17 12:24:59

I don't think your friends will understand why a child can' be left with his own parent because he might get something he doesn't have.

If you don't want to go, you don't have to go. But thats not a very good reason.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:26:03

2 reasons I'd feel guilty going out drinking while ds poorly and if he does worsen someone would need to look after eldest while ds gets checked out

SparklingSnowfall Fri 15-Dec-17 12:26:58

Go! Even if it's only for a little while but you should definitely go sounds like you're making excuses to get out of it

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Fri 15-Dec-17 12:27:14

Does rather sound like you are making excuses.

Just don't agree to go on nights out if you don't want to go, then you aren't letting anyone down.

I would go to this one though. You'll probably have great time.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:27:16

Dh is nearly there now after flu not 100% but 80%

Bambamber Fri 15-Dec-17 12:28:18

Go and just make sure you have your phone on you

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:28:30

I could really do with a night out believe me! Just don't want to get ready to go out, feel guilty about leaving poorly ds and then be up with him in the night after having a drink

NerrSnerr Fri 15-Dec-17 12:29:27

How far away is the night out? If less than an hour away I’d go and hop in a taxi early if needed. Would your husband miss a night out if the children were ill?

Polichinelle Fri 15-Dec-17 12:30:01

Just have one drink then. I would not be very understanding if a friend cancelled the last 3 meetings without a good reason. I would not say anything but I can assure you that I would stop thinking of her when arranging future meetings

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:31:48

Sorry not made it very clear but will be 2nd night out if missed with these friends the other nights I missed were with different people.
It's only 10 mins away from home not far

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:32:08

Maybe if I go and just not drink much

CaptainChristmas Fri 15-Dec-17 12:34:03

You’ve just beaten me to it op grin! Was about to say, “just go and don’t drink, or stop at one or two”.

MissionItsPossible Fri 15-Dec-17 12:34:52

Is it a night out or a celebration for someone's birthday? If celebration you would be VU to cancel at the last minute. If just a random night out, slightly U to cancel but not as bad.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 15-Dec-17 12:35:04

YANBU to cancel if your child is ill. Your children come first, and Yes theres never a right time children always seem to get sick at the wrong time.
It's all very well saying Can't his dad have him but this is no slur on his dad, but When children are sick they just want mum.

curryforbreakfast Fri 15-Dec-17 12:35:50

It's all very well saying Can't his dad have him but this is no slur on his dad, but When children are sick they just want mum

What a load of sexist bollocks.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:36:56

Generally maybe sexist but in this case true ds always wants me when he's ill he's basically attached to me 24/7

BenLui Fri 15-Dec-17 12:37:55

Go and don’t drink.

RebeccaWrongDaily Fri 15-Dec-17 12:38:33

if DH or the DC's were in hospital then I can understand letting your friends (I assume they're friends?) down, but flu/coughs/colds?

Don't be surprised if they stop inviting you to things / stop making plans with you. I would do that because I'd think you just couldn't be bothered with me.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 15-Dec-17 12:39:38

Generally maybe sexist but in this case true ds always wants me when he's ill he's basically attached to me 24/7

dustarr73 Fri 15-Dec-17 12:42:00

Go and enjoy yourself.Dont drink much and you be better for everybody tomorrow after having a night out.

You need to let off some steam.Go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: