Talk

Advanced search

Security tag....

(4 Posts)
spinduffy Thu 14-Dec-17 06:23:53

I was travelling through Heathrow on Saturday and bought a fabulous dress in harrods for a function I’m at tomorrow night. Tried the dress on with heels etc on Tuesday night only to my horror to realise that the security tag hadn’t been removed.

Anyway harraods said if I post it back, they will refund me the postage and repost it out. I posed yesterday.

It’s just dawned on me that I’ve no chance of it returning in time for tomorrow night and therefore will need to buy something else.

I have lost my receipt (in the turmoil of the airport chaos) and wonder would it be appropriate to still ask Harrods for a refund as I’m unable to use the dress for the function it was bought for?

Any advice on what my rights are would be greatly appreciated.

wheresmyphone Thu 14-Dec-17 06:46:36

Check the Trading Standards website but yes, think it is very clear cut, it's not wearable, effectively it is faulty. You should not have a problem. Citizens Advice website has the actual wording you can use but I think it's really clear cut. Having said that, have you tried another shop to see if they can take it iff? I would look for credit card bill for evidence of purchase.

EmilyChambers79 Thu 14-Dec-17 06:53:51

You can remove the tags with a pair of pliers. Had to do this one year when Tesco left the tag on some PJ's.

Did you get proof of posting? I'm not sure where you stand having lost the receipt and posted the dress. You can use your card receipt as proof of purchase but they could question you posting the dress to them without proof.

Why not keep the dress if they return it?

spinduffy Thu 14-Dec-17 07:37:59

Yes I sent it recorded delivery and placed a copy of receipt in the parcel.

The dress was for a formal function tomorrow night and is not the type of dress I would wear otherwise. I was too scared to tamper with it in case I damaged the lace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now