Talk

Advanced search

Mil said I shouldn't breast feed and eat chocolate, as well as other stuff

(57 Posts)
Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 20:58:30

I have actually stopped bf now for over a year but today it occurs to me, what she said isn't very nice! It was like an explosion... And you shouldn't be eating chocolate when your breast feeding! And you shouldn't be doing this and that.. She had given us a set of Muslims for the baby and I put them on the side in the kitchen, in her explosion she said I had put her gift into filth. I literally couldn't work out what she meant and she said the dirty plates. We had some plates on the side to go into the dishwasher! She then blamed me for dh looking as she said scruffy because sometimes he has a stubble growing! Anyway just wanted to get this off chest.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Wed 13-Dec-17 20:59:44

Eh?

dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 21:00:52

sounds a bit batty. Muslims grin.

Pengggwn Wed 13-Dec-17 21:00:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Liara Wed 13-Dec-17 21:01:13

grin at MIL gifting Muslims...

Herewegoagain01 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:01:23

She gave you Muslims grin

SanitaFannyWelly Wed 13-Dec-17 21:03:47

Give her a broom and black pointy hat for Christmas.

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 21:04:04

blush oh no, no, muslins' muslins for bibs and wiping, sorry!

RestingGrinchFace Wed 13-Dec-17 21:04:19

She gave you Muslims as a gift? She must be a nutter. But on a serious note, when did she last gave her blood sugar checked? My diabetic MIL always does this when her blood sugar drops.

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 21:05:44

I'm just thinking is it that bad for the baby to eat chocolate and bf or would it be better not to bf at all and formula feed? I was eating a large box of chocolates because I was feeling headachy and sick and they made me feel better!!

dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 21:06:27

Why would chocolate be bad?

WindyWednesday Wed 13-Dec-17 21:07:07

My mil told me to soak my nipples in surgical spirit while BF. I said no I wasn’t doing that. She walked away, saying oh, you will!

I didn’t.

DeadGood Wed 13-Dec-17 21:08:02

Yup she sounds insane.

My approach would be one of exaggerated pity. She sounds awful.

WelshMoth Wed 13-Dec-17 21:08:25

She's talking absolute bollocks OP and whilst I would
Usually advocate the nod and smile technique, it sounds like there are other things going on here.

I take it you don't normally get along?

Bythebeach Wed 13-Dec-17 21:10:22

Seriously, I largely existed on green and blacks for the total 8 years I fed my 3.....they seem to be doing okay!!!

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 21:10:44

It's too late to say anything now. I'm quite cross that I didn't say anything at the time though.
I think she has run rough shod over us.

TillyMint81 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:11:18

She's spouting nonsense. She's repeating stuff she's heard that has no scientific fact involved. Ignore and step away!

QueenNefertitty Wed 13-Dec-17 21:12:04

@elf ... you okay Hun? grin

HottySnanky Wed 13-Dec-17 21:12:25

Oh dear. No, those are not true or kind things to say. I would have just laughed at the breastfeeding/chocolate comment and then ostentatiously wolfed a slab of Cadbury's whilst baby was latched on grin

How is your relationship with her now?

goose1964 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:13:51

She is a nutter, sounds like my DSil's father, any chance to belittle and he will.just smile and wave, smile and wave

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 21:15:21

It wasn't possible to laugh because she was venting at me. I was naive at the time.

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 21:18:06

Interesting tilly so there is no scientific fact that occasionally gorging on chocolate wouldn't harm baby, I would have thought over all.. Better to bf! She also had a go saying why I don't I help dh, he looks scruffy. Her dh my fil always looks shit, and I like. Dh with stubble and. If she thinks he looks scruffy, why doesn't she think maybe she should have brought him up differently than blame that on me!

DesertSky Wed 13-Dec-17 21:26:39

She said you shouldn’t eat chocolate when you’re breastfeeding... a whole year ago and you’ve fuming over it now? confused

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyoutoo Wed 13-Dec-17 21:28:24

I'm fuming over lots of things. There is a thread on something else Mil related and reading it made me think I am an utter wuss. And dh is too. The stuff other people wouldn't stand for.

Originalfoogirl Wed 13-Dec-17 21:30:30

Over a year ago?

Really? Nothing better to think about? How can this still bother you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now