Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to go and see the Lion King in London without kids?

(15 Posts)
TinselTwat Wed 13-Dec-17 18:44:18

Would that be weird? It's DP favourite childhood film, and I was thinking about getting tickets to the musical. We don't have any children yet

Peachy27 Wed 13-Dec-17 18:48:43

I went three times before I had children! Now I have them I can’t afford to go the tickets are so expensive so I’d say go! I’d love to take my children one day

TipBoov Wed 13-Dec-17 18:48:56

Not weird at all! We went a few years ago, just DP and I for his birthday and there were more adults without children than with!

SewButtons Wed 13-Dec-17 18:50:25

Go for it! It’s a great show and you’ll definitely enjoy it more with no kids there. I’ve seen it 3 times and I don’t have any kids of my own yet either.

FoxtrotSkarloey Wed 13-Dec-17 18:51:36

I took my mum years ago, we both loved it!

ShirleyPhallus Wed 13-Dec-17 18:57:31

How on earth would this be weird....? confused

LittleMissNaice Wed 13-Dec-17 19:00:50

Go go go! It’s beautiful

CaptainHammer Wed 13-Dec-17 19:01:27

Why would that be weird?!

TinselTwat Wed 13-Dec-17 19:06:37

I thought it might be because it's a children's story. It's aimed at children, and I thought most people in the audience would have children with them. I'm happy to be told it's not weird though!
fsmile

MustBeThursday Wed 13-Dec-17 19:07:15

We went pre-kids. It's fantastic! Go now so you can enjoy it without tantrums and being pestered for drink/snacks/trips to the loo!

foxyloxy78 Wed 13-Dec-17 19:42:48

I went pre kids when it first came out and going again early next year with my family and child.

UnicornRainbowColours Wed 13-Dec-17 19:48:45

Been twice never once did I take a child lol! It’s brilliant go and see it and have a wonderful time xx

AlpacaPicnic Wed 13-Dec-17 19:57:59

DH got me tickets to see Lion King locally a few years ago and we both loved it! Plenty of adults without children in the audience, especially those of an age to have loved the Disney film when it was first released...

Frazzled2207 Wed 13-Dec-17 20:07:02

I went as a grown up with grown up friends several years ago.
I would personal avoid the matinee as there will probably be more kids there but it's most definitely not "just" for kids

Weirdpostthrudoor Wed 13-Dec-17 22:22:57

I went with friends and whilst we felt a bit bad not taking DH’s and the older children it was because it was brilliant and not because it’s just for kids. I was 10 when the film came out so proper target audience and the only thing I found weird about going to the show was a group of ladies in their late forties sitting next to us getting sloshed at an afternoon performance as it seemed inappropriate for that setting. I was probably more pissed off that I kept having to get up to let them out to the loo especially as I was eight months pregnant and I didn’t have to leave to pee!

You should go, it’s an amazing show.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: