Talk

Advanced search

Christmas presents

(9 Posts)
Blessed81 Wed 13-Dec-17 10:37:41

My single-parent (widowed) boyfriend doesn't know what to buy his 12 year old twins (boy & girl). He has mentioned it a few times but I also don't know what he should get. He has tried asking the kids but they also don't know what they want. Any suggestions please??

Zevitevitchofcrimas Wed 13-Dec-17 16:29:36

Bumping for the you op, if you you get no response maybe try over on Christmas threads?

Neverender Wed 13-Dec-17 17:07:25

Maybe he could give them a set amount of money and take them to the shops to pick what they want? He could also wrap something little for the day itself but I remember being so excited about a day out and my own choices mattering.

Trb17 Wed 13-Dec-17 17:15:02

My 11 yo DD and her 11-12 yo friends all want:

Cash
Makeup
Smellies
Adidas stuff
Nike stuff
Victoria Secret Pink stuff
Funky stationary / pens etc

My friends 12yo DS always likes:

Men’s Smellies
JD sports vouchers
Footlocker vouchers
Fluffy onesies
Huge fluffy monster slippers grin
Cash

Pretty easy to buy for this age... brand stuff and Smellies always seem to win.

TwoBlueFish Wed 13-Dec-17 17:18:06

Really depends on what they’re into. My 13 year old DS wanted light up cool things for his room so he’s got LED strip lights, a plasma ball and a new gaming mouse (that also lights up) for his PC as he’s really into gaming. He’s getting clothes from JD Sports, books, a DS game and an echo dot from Family. My 14 year old DS is really into music and SIMS 4 so is getting a proper microphone and amp , sims expansion pack, posters, H&M clothes.

How about new bedding, clothes, books, CD’s, subscription to Spotify or other music streaming service, tablet or phone if they haven’t got them, Bluetooth headphones, trainers, tickets to a concert or show

monkeywithacowface Wed 13-Dec-17 17:25:20

Do they have a games console? DS is 12 and want

Fifa points
Planet of the Apes DVD
Footlocker Voucher
Nike jogging bottoms
Badminton Racket
LED lights
A watch

Conversely to others suggestions DS HATES smellies for xmas (as do I tbh!)

Skowvegas Wed 13-Dec-17 17:51:49

12yo boy I can help with as I have one - here's his list

Nathan Hale books
Big Nate books
GoPro
Air Hockey game
5 second rule game
Phase 10 twist game
Five Kings card game
Knife
Guiness book of world records book
Hot wheels criss cross crash track
Hosim All Terrain RC car 9112
Sports game tickets
Sports team shirts
Amazon Gift cards
Cinema tickets or gift cards
Spotify subscription
Bluetooth headphones

AGrinWithoutACat Wed 13-Dec-17 18:34:55

My 13 year old wanted earphones and cash - have got her T-shirts & stickers from Red Bubble related to her current obsessions, books that she likes, nail varnish, lush shower jelly and a Fitbit style watch

DS (11) asked for everything from heelies, stunt ramps, a bmx, new computer games but is being given a starter tool kit as was loving helping his dad in the shed this summer and 'fixing' things, (fake) leather jacket, Fitbit style watch, dressing gown, tshirt and jeans & rummicub game

Blessed81 Thu 14-Dec-17 22:36:31

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Really helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now