Talk

Advanced search

To think ex is lying

(7 Posts)
squiddled Wed 13-Dec-17 08:34:50

Split with ex two years ago - we'd been together 5 years. He dumped me. Haven't spoken to him or even really thought about him for about a year. Once we'd sold the house, there was no need to. I have no idea where he lives or what he is up to in his life and that suits me fine. I've been in a new relationship for about 5 months and I'm very happy.

Yesterday out of the blue I got an email from an anonymous email-sending website (I know his as it had an advertisement for the site at the bottom of the email). The email said it was from "[ex's] friends" and accused me of stalking him. It said I need to move on and leave him alone and that they'd "take matters into their own hands if I didn't".

Other than the obviously threatening nature, I just found it completely bizarre. I don't think any of his friends ever had my personal email address and obviously I'm not stalking him. It's come at a slightly co incidental time as I recently posted some pictures of me and my DP on Instagram for the first time - so it seems like it could be related? I just don't get what "friend" would send this.

I forwarded it to ex who then called me and apologised etc. But was adamant he didn't know who it was. First time we have spoken in months...

Aibu to think it was actually him and he's just jealous?

CheapSausagesAndSpam Wed 13-Dec-17 08:38:55

Show it to the police OP. It's threatning.

Also, it could be from his current partner....maybe he's been looking at your social media and she's gone mad about it and he said "She's been stalking ME...that's why she's popping up on my page" or something.

Was he a stable type?

TaliZorahVasNormandy Wed 13-Dec-17 08:39:26

Block and ignore. It's either him or he's telling lies to his friends.

squiddled Wed 13-Dec-17 08:51:21

Why would the police be interested in one message though? Surely they'd want multiple ones to show harassment or proper threats...?

Blankuser1992 Wed 13-Dec-17 08:54:29

That’s so weird!

I wouldn’t reply to it but print out the email and store it away somewhere. No more contact with ex, and just forget about it x

OnTheRise Wed 13-Dec-17 09:02:28

I would definitely tell the police. It's threatening. That's enough for them to get involved.

frieda909 Wed 13-Dec-17 09:05:25

Sounds like a ruse to get you thinking about him again now that you’re happy with a new partner. And it worked, you ended up speaking to him on the phone.

I could be wrong but I’d put good money on it being him. Can you block him from seeing your posts on social media?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: