Talk

Advanced search

How do you wise women prevent hormone induced sore boobs?

(29 Posts)
BrightonMum36 Tue 12-Dec-17 18:04:13

I get horribly sore boobages twice a month for nearly a week each time. Premenstrually and whilst ovulating.
I can't do this for the rest of my life can I have your recommended lotions and potions please. I will literally try anything. GO!

Sashkin Tue 12-Dec-17 18:07:12

The combined pill works for me. That plus a decent bra.

christinarossetti Tue 12-Dec-17 18:08:48

High dose of Evening Primrose Oil.

Surfingwhippet Tue 12-Dec-17 18:19:04

I used to have sore boobs constantly, and yes the combined pill works wonders

Sanshin Tue 12-Dec-17 18:39:20

I'm on no contraception at all (other than my contraception pyjamas that I sometimes wear) and I feel like I've been beaten up twice a month I'm in so much pain. Will be following thread for any non-contraception based methods!

Rachie1986 Tue 12-Dec-17 19:11:02

I asked my Dr about this and he recommended evening primrose oil and it's really helped!

MadamPatti Tue 12-Dec-17 19:16:33

I’m perimenopausal and this symptom is my worst symptom. I can have is for 3 weeks out of 4. My doctor prescribes vitamin b6. I have also found reducing my dairy intake (bugger coz my favourite food is cheese) also helps.

Xx

MikeUniformMike Tue 12-Dec-17 19:20:09

A good bra.
Improve your fitness levels. You'll need a high impact sports bra for anything that involves a bit of movement. Not all sports bras are equal.

Ansumpasty Tue 12-Dec-17 19:22:21

I like it. Makes me teeny boobs a little bigger and lets me know I'm due on. Am I weird? Probably.

I don't think there is much you can do about it

ShangriLaLaLa Tue 12-Dec-17 19:22:33

There’s nothing that comes close to evening primrose. It makes such a difference and relatively quickly too.

PurplePillowCase Tue 12-Dec-17 19:22:35

reducing coffee helped me.

Sanshin Tue 12-Dec-17 19:26:56

So the primrose oil, do you just rub it in?

Fluffyears Tue 12-Dec-17 19:31:12

Boots starflower and evening primrose oil.

Tippytappytoes Tue 12-Dec-17 19:32:35

Demo injection. Migraines and murderous rages have lessened also.

Tippytappytoes Tue 12-Dec-17 19:33:21

*depo! stupid autocorrect!

ShangriLaLaLa Tue 12-Dec-17 19:38:05

No, capsules taken orally. I take 1000mg daily

secretskillrelationships Tue 12-Dec-17 19:53:06

I found cutting out caffeine helped, that means tea, coffee and chocolate as apparently that has a similar compound. Works for my daughter too. Find I could tolerate a little but if I had too much the symptoms returned. Was a pain to cut them out but better than the breast pain!

dudsville Tue 12-Dec-17 19:54:10

Vit B complex. I take it a week or so in the lead up.

HungerOfThePine Tue 12-Dec-17 20:21:39

I'm like ansumpasty I have small boobs and the hormonal boob gives my small chest a nice perty bigness for a week grin. My sympathies though as it is uncomfortable.

I don't actually get periods due to mirena coil ,hormonal boob seems to be my only symptom these days.

cannaethink Tue 12-Dec-17 20:26:29

I took evening primrose oil for a few months but while it helped with pmt and sore tits it unfortunately made my periods totally erratic! I was barely getting 10 days between periods. It took me a while to realise the irregularity had started at the same time as the evening primrose oil. As soon as I stopped taking it my periods went back to normal. So I’m just putting up with the sore boobs and pmt at the moment!

Karigan1 Tue 12-Dec-17 20:32:24

I just came off the pill to try to have a baby and had totally forgotten about the sore boob thing as I never got it in the pill!

Kion Tue 12-Dec-17 20:52:53

Haven't had this since taking high dose starflower oil. One capsule taken once a day. I was sceptical but it really does work. Same idea as evening primrose oil but more of the active ingredient (GLA Omega 6 fatty acid, I believe) in the starflower oil.

BrightonMum36 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:30:55

Thank you ladies! I bought starflower and primrose oil today so will give it a go. Don't want to go on the pill but not ruling anything out. Xxx

christinarossetti Wed 13-Dec-17 22:14:02

Good move. Take it regularly - it made a difference to me the very next month

RandomMess Wed 13-Dec-17 22:27:20

These that say discomfort have no idea how agonising mastalgia is for some women!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now