Talk

Advanced search

AIBU footmuff, long and warm, recommendations please?

(12 Posts)
crepust Tue 12-Dec-17 16:59:35

I hope others will find any recommendations useful, given the time of year!

My child is a small 2 year old but doesn't fit in the JoJoMamanBeBe footmuff that's meant to be for up to 3 year olds!

I need one that's long and goes round the head properly.

Ideally without a really thick back as the straps on her pushchair are too short to accommodate a thick one + toddler in snowsuit (yes it's very cold where we are!).

Haven't found anything better than this so far but it has no crotch-to-foot measurement so I can't be sure it's big enough
www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/33/44819/maxi-cosi-general-footmuff-(watercolour-blue)/

thanks and season's greetings!

crepust Tue 12-Dec-17 17:00:30

and when I say small, I mean they're in 12-18 months old clothes most of the time!

Homemadearmy Tue 12-Dec-17 17:11:49

My favourite footmuff was a lodger bunker. It was lovely and snug and you can remove the inner fleece.

minipie Tue 12-Dec-17 17:15:22

Kaiser thermo iglu. Very long and can also zip the foot bit off if they ever outgrow it (or if they have muddy shoes). Drawstring to pull snug around head area.

crepust Tue 12-Dec-17 17:16:11

that does look snug, but I don't think it would be long enough sadly.
How sensible, that you can remove the inner fleece! :-)

crepust Tue 12-Dec-17 17:21:54

sorry I was replying to the lodger bunker comment, i'll look at the Kaiser one now!

crepust Tue 12-Dec-17 17:25:25

the Kaiser looks good. So far, the maxi cosi general footmuff is my favourite, think I might be being swayed by the lovely blues on this model tho:
www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/33/44819/maxi-cosi-general-footmuff-(watercolour-blue)/

minipie Tue 12-Dec-17 17:57:23

Looks good but check out the amazon reviews, a couple say not as described (eg front bit doesn't zip off to create a liner)

Homemadearmy Tue 12-Dec-17 18:10:35

The lodger is bigger than it looks in the pic

ElenaBothari Tue 12-Dec-17 18:25:05

We found the Big Bugs from buggy snuggle the best - e.g. www.buggysnuggle.com/shop/buggysnuggles/Bigbugs/BIG377_midnight-paris-hearts-fur-navy-fleece-bigbug.aspx

ZoSanDesu Tue 12-Dec-17 18:45:43

Love the wallaboo. It fits up to 36 months: big warm and cosy

Ellendegeneres Tue 12-Dec-17 18:57:36

I spent £50 on one from mothercare last year, it's furry and cosy and so long my (tall) then 3yr old was able to be cosy in there

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: