Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you keep in your handbag..

(32 Posts)
Pinkbutton85 Tue 12-Dec-17 09:09:00

AIBU to ask what you keep in your handbag day-to-day and what bag you use? When did you get rid of the changing bag?

I have a 4yo and 2 year old and haven’t used a changing bag in around a year. But I’m always so unorganised I’m thinking of getting another one.. or at least a normal handbag that’ll fit what I need...

Atm I literally just take a nappy and wipes. Then never have clothes, toys, snacks when I need them and end up just buying new things!

Itsnotmesothere Tue 12-Dec-17 09:30:03

A nappy or two, a bib, wipes. Cream if DS has sore bum. Banana if very organised! Depends on how long we'll be out for. Small changing bag plus handbag for longer trips with a change of clothes.
For myself, phone, loose change, perfume and moisturiser and manky scrunched up receipts and wrappers blush

QueenArseClangers Tue 12-Dec-17 09:58:58

Half a pint of coffee.
(Sorry, joke about another thread)

ferriswheel Tue 12-Dec-17 10:09:09

I totally understand!

Mine were 1, 2 and 3 for a while. I used a soap bag for nappies and wipes. They are now 2, 3 and 4 and I got rid of an official changing bag about three months ago. The hand wipes are more useful these days too.

Frederickvonhefferneffer Tue 12-Dec-17 10:11:03

Phone, keys, purse, wipes, lip balm, hair bands, chewing gum, rennies

Itsnotmesothere Tue 12-Dec-17 10:14:14

I would like add mints as well, for my horrendous post coffee breath.

EnglishRose13 Tue 12-Dec-17 15:43:51

I have a changing bag that looks like a handbag. Vanchi Sydney Satchel Changing Bag. I cannot go out without his snacks!

I have a different handbag for work, so I know the changing bag has what I need and I don't have to cart around his stuff when I'm not with him.

upsidedownfrown Tue 12-Dec-17 15:50:56

Hand gel, notebook, a few pens, spare phone charger, lip balm, hairbrush, work lanyard as I'd forget it in the morning otherwise, mini pack of biscuits, hairbands, emergency tenner, bottle of water, trolley/locker token, spare watch (don't ask), floss, hand cream, mints.

That's what's in there today.

I have a very big bag. Pretty sure I didn't carry as much around even when I had 3 children under the age of 3.

upsidedownfrown Tue 12-Dec-17 15:52:32

Its a big tote I got years ago from newlook

Tinselistacky Tue 12-Dec-17 15:54:24

Purse, phone, napkins, 2 lollies, Impulse can, and 3 letters to Santa!!

smoothieooo Tue 12-Dec-17 16:02:17

Train card, Oyster card, work pass, purse, fags, lighter, hand cream, purse, gloves, assorted hair bands and approximately 9000 receipts from all of my Christmas shopping. An actual frightening amount which I need to go through!

Allthetuppences Tue 12-Dec-17 16:08:34

Never had a handbag. This intrigues me.

JaceLancs Tue 12-Dec-17 16:14:05

Purse
Wallet
Filofax
Car keys
Comb
Packet of tissues
Pen
Pencil
Fold up shopping bag
Mirror
Tweezers
Pen knife
Glasses cleaning cloth
Driving licence
Tape measure
Pen knife
Memory stick

Spartaca Tue 12-Dec-17 16:16:40

Phone (has bank card in slot on back)
Keys
Wipes
Nappies
Muslin
Bottle of water
Coffee
Lip balm
Tissues
Keys
Sometimes a snack.

If just a small bag then just one nappy in a nappy bag with wipes, lip balm and phone.

anotherprosecco Tue 12-Dec-17 16:16:58

Purse, phone, diary, assorted pens and pencils, tissues, foldable shopping bag, Rennies, bus pass, house key and spare knickers!

mommytoboo86 Tue 12-Dec-17 17:00:52

got rid of the changing bag when dd started nursery & had her own little back pack so 2yo can't remember with the elder 1s
I was never a handbag kinda girl before I had kids but now I have 6 (I think it's the 10 years of sharing a bag with kids that's done it lol) I have a big handbag (dh calls it my Mary poppins bag) for day trips, college and cinema visits but then the other 5 I use depending on how long I'll be out. I have a small 1 for a quick walk to the local shop. my night out bag is a very small affair that just about fits my phone, purse & keys. Then 2 medium sized bags that I usually take town shopping which I choose depending on my mood... these both have tissues, chap stick, ibuprofen, hairbrush & bobbles, earphones and wipes in them. my bigger bag has spare pants, leggings & socks, a colouring book & pencils in aswell as the above.
I also have an emergancy bag with overnight essentials packed at all times just in case
x

Eolian Tue 12-Dec-17 17:05:53

Wallet, pen, keys, phone, lip balm are all I intentionally keep in my handbag. However, there are usually a bunch of old receipts, a dog poo bag (empty, obvs grin) and other random stuff.

Undercoverbanana Tue 12-Dec-17 17:06:47

Small purse with cash and cards wedged in
Vaseline
Keys
Phone
Fold up shopping bag
Tissues

I travel light.

ems137 Tue 12-Dec-17 17:08:44

I've got a baby and a toddler and I've got a lovely handbag style change bag. It's the Storksak Elizabeth I think.

I'm super organised most of the time and all the little pockets inside my bag make it easy. I usually have the following in mine:

Nappies for both
Wipes
A simple outfit (babygro for baby, leggings & top for 2 yo)
Muslin and bib
Wrapped snacks that can keep for a while (flapjack, yoghurt raisins etc)
Some colouring pencils and small book

For me:
Breast pads
Sanitary stuff
Purse
Phone
Keys
Headache tablets
Lip balm
Spare bobbles for me and toddler

mommytoboo86 Tue 12-Dec-17 19:58:30

can i just clarify that the spare pants, leggings and socks I mentioned are for my dd not me lol

Splinterz Tue 12-Dec-17 20:05:25

Why don't you keep child paraphernalia (a) in the boot of the car or (b) in a bag stowed on the bottom of your pushchair?

ToadOfSadness Tue 12-Dec-17 20:21:47

Phone
Keys
Tissues
Wipes
Screwdriver
Swiss Army knife (small one)
Floss
Various pills
Earplugs
Notebook and 2 pens
Small mirror
Blister plasters
Plastic bags for use as rubbish bags or taking home excess chips
Brush
Purse
Card torch
A selection of reuseable shopping bags
Half a tube of mints

Justabadwife Tue 12-Dec-17 20:25:03

In my normal handbag
I have
Phone
Purse
Keys
Old receipts
Shells from a trip to the beach about 18 months ago
Some 1ps
A salt sachet

Katyazamo Tue 12-Dec-17 20:52:25

@QueenArseClangers I only opened this thread to comment that I just pour a latte in and go grin

Katyb1310 Tue 12-Dec-17 21:47:11

Purse, phone, keys, Calpol sachets, painkillers, travel sick pills, lip balm, lipstick, pens, tampon, wipes, hairbrush, bobbles, slimming world book, assorted crayons and paper, emergency biscuits for DC. That's what's in there just now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: