Talk

Advanced search

Sosandar

(23 Posts)
dratsea Mon 11-Dec-17 20:36:01

To have just put £100 birthday gifts to DS into shares in Sosantar in his Jnr ISA. Made the decision just on the basis that Mrs Dratsea and friends (mostly 35-55) think it is good on the website, any views from real shoppers?

ghostyslovesheets Mon 11-Dec-17 20:37:56

Spammy McSpamface

RestingGrinchFace Mon 11-Dec-17 20:39:25

You should have bought Nike. Or Coca-Cola.

blueskyinmarch Mon 11-Dec-17 20:39:54

I thought this was a name someone wanted to call their baby!

WaitrosePigeon Mon 11-Dec-17 20:40:27

I thought it was a typo for Santander

dratsea Mon 11-Dec-17 20:48:52

Thanks, both. Our first buy was ASOS, as is most of his clothing. He drinks energy drinks with vodka rather than Coke and would not be seen dead in Nike. We have still got a bit more to spend, any other consumer suggestions welcome. Vegan, save the planet, has to be ethical <not fussy> but enjoying the challange.

honeysucklejasmine Mon 11-Dec-17 20:50:45

You want investment advice on mumsnet? YABVU

Farahilda Mon 11-Dec-17 20:51:32

Start him with philanthropy:

www.lendwithcare.org/info/about_us

dratsea Mon 11-Dec-17 21:04:47

Farahilda He just wants to save the universe planet , the philanthropy is planned and will be the second stage. But he wants his first million to give away before he is 21!

honey I limit my quest for advice to his mother's suggestion, most of my choices were rejected and no IANBVU to come to mumsnet.

SparklyMagpie Mon 11-Dec-17 21:10:36

What the fuck are you blabbing on about?!

Goingalonenow Mon 11-Dec-17 21:11:41

YABU. Shove the money up your arse.

AfunaMbatata Mon 11-Dec-17 21:12:47

Eh?

TwitterQueen1 Mon 11-Dec-17 21:15:21

I have absolutey no idea at all what the fuck you are wittering about.

ZoeWashburne Mon 11-Dec-17 21:24:36

If you think a basic clothing website is a good investment over a general mutual fund, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. And if you think Asos or clothing sites like that are ethical, I’ve got a matching giant statue that I’ll give you a good price on. Asos is sweatshop labour, both here in the UK and Bangladesh. Fast fashion is one of the worst environmental industries.

First rule of investing is diversify! Secondly, those sites are a dime a dozen- and constantly go in and out of business.

If you don’t know about investing, go with brands that have been proven. If you want ethical clothing, look at REI, North Face or Pategonia.

Floellabumbags Mon 11-Dec-17 21:44:45

Maybe Jamie Oliver will call his next child Sosander Twiglet Spamface.

Maelstrop Mon 11-Dec-17 21:47:38

If you think a basic clothing website is a good investment over a general mutual fund, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Pissing myself laughing here! My dad says his Rolls Royse shares are doing well. He's well worth shoving under a bus.

dratsea Mon 11-Dec-17 21:50:05

Zoe Is not North Face part of VF, Wrangler, Nautica, Timberland and a few more?

Farahilda Tue 12-Dec-17 06:45:06

I would say 'no' because you're putting it in such an odd way. Nowadays it's part of VF which also owns those brands. It's as odd as saying The Body Shop is part of Sephora and Avon.

If you want to encourage philanthropy, btw, you start right now, not wait until only after considerable personal enrichment.

Choosing microfinance as the way of doing that will teach a lot about the principles of investment in companies whilst doing that.

Mulberry72 Tue 12-Dec-17 07:01:17

hmm

ZoeWashburne Tue 12-Dec-17 07:22:38

How much do you want to bet that OP is an employee/ owner of that clothing website trying to drive up visits.

Who comes to AIBU for investment advice. And who comes in singing the praises of a basic tacky clothing site that is the same as the millions me of other ones out there?

laudanum Tue 12-Dec-17 07:39:18

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

CaoNiMa Tue 12-Dec-17 07:41:30

U ok hun?

dratsea Tue 12-Dec-17 10:45:55

Zoe My only tenuous connection with the clothing trade is that my grandfather (died 1960s) was at age 13 apprenticed to a Hatter in the East End of London. Volunteered, survived the war and went on through the police force to own a grocer's shop in SW London. But I will bet you one Sosandar share that I am a retired paediatric surgeon. I win. Please donate the 18p to Unicef or your local childrens' charity. As for your two questions:

Who comes to AIBU for investment advice. And who comes in singing the praises of a basic tacky clothing site that is the same as the millions me of other ones out there?

No idea who would come to MN for investment advice, I tend to go to financial websites and would recommend the same. FWIW on the financial sites today we read:

"Those who predicted a profit warning/cash call were talking rubbish and that is now demonstrated. We’d hope for a further and far more detailed update on trading after Christmas but it is clear that things are going very well, something not discounted in an 18p-18.5p share price."

But the problem I have is that I do not sing, let alone buy frocks and dresses. Mrs dratsea does both and likes the website. The question I asked and (clearly IWBU) was directed to any real shoppers who had purchased from Sosandar. DS and I thank you for your advice that the goods are tacky. But despite your advice he has this morning sunk his £100 into 500 shares.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now