Talk

Advanced search

Cancelled order but still sent? Aibu to keep it?

(147 Posts)
BornInSydneyy Mon 11-Dec-17 19:30:41

Cancelled an order the day after I purchased it. On live chat, they refunded me.

End of ... I thought.

Today it’s been delivered. I can’t be bothered with the hassle of returning it, aibu to keep it?

ItchySeveredFoot Mon 11-Dec-17 19:32:09

Small business send it back. Big chain keep it. Most people will probably tell you to return it though.

ThisLittleKitty Mon 11-Dec-17 19:32:13

Are you sure you've been refunded?

Dippingmytoesin Mon 11-Dec-17 19:32:43

They can still charge you for it.

BornInSydneyy Mon 11-Dec-17 19:34:45

I logged into my PayPal and I can see the refund. Nothing else taken.

It’s a very big company.

Dippingmytoesin Mon 11-Dec-17 19:35:57

I’d contact them they will probably let you keep it but they have up to 6 years I think it is to get the money from you if they realise they sent it

SilverySurfer Mon 11-Dec-17 19:38:00

Of course keep it, if you're a thief. If you aren't call them and tell them - they may arrange collection or even tell you to keep it although I don't quite understand why it is such a hassle to do the right thing and send it back hmm

TenancyTroublesAgain Mon 11-Dec-17 23:44:15

Return it ffs

sweetsomethings Mon 11-Dec-17 23:53:06

Send it back why wouldn't you ? A company done the same to me and asked me to send the parcel back to them via the post office I refused and said your mistake I don't drive and I wasn't spending £5 on the bus to correct their mistake . So they sent a delivery company to the house to pick it up on a day that suited me . So don't go out your way to send it to them they will work with you

curryforbreakfast Mon 11-Dec-17 23:54:01

If its Amazon, keep it. They owe us all at least one free package in the tax money we should have got out of them.

Redglitter Mon 11-Dec-17 23:57:10

Ofcourse you should return it. It's stealing otherwise. If they've delivered it by mistake it's hardly going to be a hassle contacting them to have them uplift it.

I never understand why people ask these questions. If loads of random people on the internet say to keep it does that ease your conscience

Frederickvonhefferneffer Tue 12-Dec-17 00:14:56

This happened to me with Amazon. I kept it packaged up for months in case they contacted me, years later still haven’t opened or returned it!

Justcallmecaptainobvious Tue 12-Dec-17 00:25:50

Return it - but they should arrange for it to be collected. There's a reasonable chance they won't bother at this time of year and will tell you to keep it anyway.

mostlikelyanunpopularviewpoint Tue 12-Dec-17 00:26:54

Messsge them, say you shall send it back if they pay for postage.

Most likely they'll just let you keep it.

NanaBread Tue 12-Dec-17 00:32:40

I'd like to think I'd return it but in all honesty I'd keep it if it was from a big company and I could get use out of it.

Boys123 Tue 12-Dec-17 00:35:56

It is wrongto steal. If you keep it without paying for it, it is stealing so it depends on what kind of a person and what type of character you are.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 12-Dec-17 00:37:11

They can and probably will charge you for it, if you keep it - up to six years.

As you did originally order, this wouldn't come under the unsolicited goods legislation - just incase that gets mentioned! It doesn't apply in this case.

bluesu Tue 12-Dec-17 00:38:16

M&S sent me two kitchen tables once. I phoned to tell them and they said nevermind, keep the spare one confused

TBH it was a bit of a pain as I didn’t have space for two tables so I kept the spare in the shed for years. Pfft

oliveinacampervan Tue 12-Dec-17 00:40:24

If you signed for it, return it.

If not, and there is no proof it was delivered, keep it.

Most people would. Whether they admit it or not wink

RoseWhiteTips Tue 12-Dec-17 00:40:51

Return it. Anything else is theft.

Justaboy Tue 12-Dec-17 00:51:05

They were good enough to cancel the order so come on play the game;!

paxillin Tue 12-Dec-17 00:54:15

What the fuck, are you wondering if theft is fine?

paxillin Tue 12-Dec-17 00:55:34

Most people would. Whether they admit it or not Bollocks. You clearly would though.

blackteasplease Tue 12-Dec-17 00:56:54

I would inform them and say they are welcome to collect it as it was their error.

oliveinacampervan Tue 12-Dec-17 01:00:07

Yeah I would keep it.

And so would you @paxillin wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: